How many iPhone X’s have you Spotted ‘Out In The Wild’?

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I seem to have the best opportunity for sighting X’s while riding the bus, as I saw a couple more people with them in the past week. One I spotted by the screen #NotchRules - and the other one I saw the back of the phone with the camera position on it showing it to be one. Most people seem to have theirs in cases, however I recall seeing one person’s that was case less with only a screen protector on it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I still haven’t seen any just out and about but I also don’t really pay attention to what other people are using. But I do personally know of two others with the X.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Within the past week at my place of work (a hotel) I’ve seen a half dozen or so X’s. One was in the coffee shop, where someone had theirs face down on a table as they were on their laptop - their X was a Silver/White one. And the others were from attendees at a large conference earlier this week. The group had a charging station outside of their meeting room for people’s devices to charge at.
It may seem like it, but I really am not trying to go out of my way to spot people’s X’s, it’s just that the notch on the front, and the camera positioning on the back make it somewhat easy (for me) to identify them.
#NotchRules

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I spotted two folks using their X models today at the local greek restaurant, I asked them how they liked the device and they said they loved it. Their biggest adjustments where the gestures and the facial recognition which they adapted to pretty quickly and would not go back to the older model.

I also let them know about the iMore site and said it's a great place to get information and share their user experiences, just thought I would pass it along.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Today I actually saw my second or third X in the wild, I see a lot of PLus models, and Samsung phones at work. Rarely do I see an X and I think that has more to do with price and people simply don't need to upgrade.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I finally saw one at work yesterday. Now there’s 2 of us at work who got the X!

Same with me.. I was on my way to my car from work and one of my co-workers already was sitting in his car with his brand new X sitting in the phone holder on his dash and all I saw was the notch all lit up and I’m like whoa wait a minute.. tap tap tap on his his window and he rolled down his window and I’m like “hey you got the X” he’s was so happy and excited with it! I also had to show him a swift multitasking move that he wasn’t aware of

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I actually say two silver ones at the local Coney Island restaurant yesterday while having lunch with my brother.

I didn’t bother the two ladies because it looked like they where busy. I politely showed them my X as we where leaving and they smiled and said they liked them.