Dissapointed in photos.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Screen is supposed to be bigger than the 8+, but if you take a photo with the phone it is much smaller than if taken with the plus. The phone shoul doa better job of re-sizing to an aspect ratio to take better advantage of the iPhone X screen size.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Screen is supposed to be bigger than the 8+, but if you take a photo with the phone it is much smaller than if taken with the plus. The phone shoul doa better job of re-sizing to an aspect ratio to take better advantage of the iPhone X screen size.
The display is a different aspect ratio than the 8+ (taller, but skinnier). You can’t alter the aspect ratio of a viewed photo without stretching it, or cropping it.

That’s the downside of the newer phones with this aspect ratio (iPhone X, Samsung S series and Note).

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the camera app should display the aspect ratio of the iPhone X screen so then you can frame the subject and fill the screen. The aspect ratio is 18.5 x 9. It’s not standard. It was more pleasing looking at photos on the plus.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think the camera app should display the aspect ratio of the iPhone X screen so then you can frame the subject and fill the screen. The aspect ratio is 18.5 x 9. It’s not standard. It was more pleasing looking at photos on the plus.

Photos just would not look right in the X aspect ratio. Tall skinny photos? Lol One can always zoom them to their liking.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am actually very impressed with the camera on the X and have used may of the ones I have taken in my technical documents where I used to use a pocket point and shoot.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
On my Samsung S8 i changed my camera settings so that all photo's are taken in 16:9 rather then 4:3. I just think the photos look better and they take up more of the screen. If i view them using a 3rd party photo gallery then it will automatically resize them so they fit the screen. It does cut off a tiny bit from the top and bottom of the photo but its not bothersome and looks amazing. Would love if the same could be done with the iphone! Although you can zoom in. You lose too much of the photo sadly