Where the ear speaker on top I saw this it look like a mini camera when I was cleaning my phone.

What sensor can that be and I posted a photo ?
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone X sensors question-827bc070-9893-4ec4-aba5-0ea7ac238123.jpeg  
    11-23-2017 10:12 AM
    That’s the proximity sensor.
    11-23-2017 10:23 AM
    Great I was asking since it looked like a tiny dot when I was cleaning with a cloth
    11-23-2017 10:34 AM
    Meaning you mean the thing I circled in black is the proximity sensor the dot
    11-23-2017 11:58 AM
    Meaning you mean the thing I circled in black is the proximity sensor the dot
    Correct, there’s a few dots up there that constitutes of different sensors.
    11-23-2017 08:21 PM
    Correct, there’s a few dots up there that constitutes of different sensors.
    I was using a black Belkin cleaning cloth from a previous screen protector install from iPhone 7 to clean camera lens.

When I was cleaning I notice dust under lens of iPhone X and The phone is three days old under iPhone upgrade program how does apple handle this one ?
    11-24-2017 08:59 AM
    According to Apple's website, the proximity sensor is located on the left side of the speaker/mic. That area circled doesn't seem to have any sensor at all.
    11-24-2017 11:30 AM
    I was using a black Belkin cleaning cloth from a previous screen protector install from iPhone 7 to clean camera lens.

When I was cleaning I notice dust under lens of iPhone X and The phone is three days old under iPhone upgrade program how does apple handle this one ?
    Dear lord. Not again.

You have been to the Apple Store with the same problem a dozen times in the past few months.
    You know very well how they handle this kind of stuff.

What is the real reason you’re asking it, again, now?
    11-24-2017 11:41 AM
    Dear lord. Not again.

You have been to the Apple Store with the same problem a dozen times in the past few months.
    You know very well how they handle this kind of stuff.

What is the real reason you’re asking it, again, now?
    Because mine has two specs from the factory I notice it while clean the back of the phone from my finger prints. The apple store tells me they handle lots of issues like this and even water damage phones.

I know that my iPhone 7 has this issue but that phone was a couple of months old my x I got it 4 days ago in mail
    11-24-2017 11:42 AM
    Because mine has two specs from the factory I notice it while clean the back of the phone from my finger prints. The apple store tells me they handle lots of issues like this and even water damage phones.
    Like I said, you know very well how Apple handles this kind of claims. Regardless of how and where you got it.
    11-24-2017 11:45 AM
    But sir i”m on the iPhone upgrade program do they handle this the same way as any other repair or replacement
    11-24-2017 11:47 AM
    But sir i”m on the iPhone upgrade program do they handle this the same way as any other repair or replacement
    Yes, that’s what ‘regardless’ means.
    11-24-2017 11:48 AM
    Oh ok and yeah this time I will check my replacement closely with the Genius tech
    11-24-2017 11:50 AM
    That’s the proximity sensor. There’s nothing wrong with your device and no reason to exchange it.
    Tartarus likes this.
    11-24-2017 12:04 PM
    No there dust in the back camera lens
    11-24-2017 12:09 PM
    According to Apple's website, the proximity sensor is located on the left side of the speaker/mic. That area circled doesn't seem to have any sensor at all.
    Yes, there is a sensor right above the speaker. It's called the Ambient Light Sensor. There are 8 things on top of the iPhone x in that area around the speaker. Infrared camera, flood illuminator, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, speaker, microphone, front camera, and dot projector.

No there dust in the back camera lens
    Your phone is fine. A small speck of dust (which I don't think exists under your glass or in your camera lense) does not prevent you from making calls, surfing the net, using siri, sending/receiving texts, watching videos, taking pictures or recording videos. It's time to let this complaint go.
    Last edited by Sherry_B; 11-24-2017 at 02:28 PM.
    Tartarus likes this.
    11-24-2017 02:02 PM
    Yes, there is a sensor right above the speaker. It's called the Ambient Light Sensor. There are 8 things on top of the iPhone x in that area around the speaker. Infrared camera, flood illuminator, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, speaker, microphone, front camera, and dot projector.

Your phone is fine. A small speck of dust (which I don't think exists under your glass or in your camera lense) does not prevent you from making calls, surfing the net, using siri, sending/receiving texts, watching videos, taking pictures or recording videos. It's time to let this complaint go.
    There not one a couple of specks in a new unit that’s 4 days old and another memember said to take to apple store like I did with my 8 plus they did replace it
    11-24-2017 02:37 PM
    There not one
    Yes there is. I'm looking right at a photo taken from the Apple event where they introduced the X. The photo clearly shows everything at the top of the screen with text that Apple added to point out what all 8 items are. Same thing as your photo.
    11-24-2017 02:41 PM
    Got that normal but the specks of dust on a brand new unit is not I got my answer already from here and MAC rumors
    11-24-2017 02:46 PM

Bring it to an Apple Store, and they should replace it for you.
    11-24-2017 09:13 PM
    Bring it to an Apple Store, and they should replace it for you.
    Will do an also show them the smudge that in the lens that won’t clean off
    11-24-2017 09:23 PM
    The ambient light sensor is characterized by a straight bar above the speaker/mic. Looking at the internals picture from iFixit, the speaker and mic are actually 2 tiny holes side-by-side while the ambient light sensor is just a small piece above it between the holes, not like what was shown in the picture from OP which seems like something circular.

Here's the pic from iFixit.

11-25-2017 08:44 AM
    There was a dust issue with his iPhone 7, there was a dust issue with his iPhone 8, and now there is a dust issue with his iPhone X. He's been told repeatedly (actually, more than repeatedly) how to go about handling issues with supposed dust.

I don't see any dust in the photo.
    11-25-2017 12:11 PM
    Will do an also show them the smudge that in the lens that won’t clean off
    Great!
    Keep us updated
    11-25-2017 09:40 PM
    Great!
    Keep us updated
    I called the store they gave me two options Express replacements or bring it to store I opted for second option if they don’t fix I might chat back for first option.
    11-25-2017 10:20 PM
29 12