I am able to complete the pairing process for my car and my car shows up in the list of devices on my phone, but when I attempt to connect the iPhone to the vehicle, the iPhone says the device is unsupported and only provides me the option to forget the device. Actually, it forces me to forget the device.

I previously had my iPhone 6 paired to the car just fine, even under iOS 11.

My vehicle is an 07 w221 Mercedes-Benz S550. I love my car! I don't want to lose my Bluetooth connectivity

Any ideas?
    11-22-2017 02:29 AM
    My sister was complaining about not being able to connect her X to her car. Not sure if she ever got it resolved though.
    11-22-2017 07:21 AM
    I am able to complete the pairing process for my car and my car shows up in the list of devices on my phone, but when I attempt to connect the iPhone to the vehicle, the iPhone says the device is unsupported and only provides me the option to forget the device. Actually, it forces me to forget the device.

I previously had my iPhone 6 paired to the car just fine, even under iOS 11.

My vehicle is an 07 w221 Mercedes-Benz S550. I love my car! I don't want to lose my Bluetooth connectivity

Any ideas?
    Let’s star with the basics. Go to Settings → General → Reset, and then select “Reset Network Settings”. Afterwards, pair your iPhone X with your car and see if it’ll now work properly.
    11-22-2017 07:48 AM
    Also, in the menu on your car look for paired devices and delete the previous iPhone 6 pairing if possible. If you have restored from backup to your X it may be trying to pair as the same device, but the existing pairing can cause a conflict. Had that issue on my last VW.
    11-22-2017 09:43 AM
    Also, in the menu on your car look for paired devices and delete the previous iPhone 6 pairing if possible. If you have restored from backup to your X it may be trying to pair as the same device, but the existing pairing can cause a conflict. Had that issue on my last VW.
    Had this exact issue with my ‘11 Lexus RX350. Since I restored my X from a backup my X had the same name as my 7. Once I deleted my paired 7 from my car I was able to pair my X. I deleted my 7 from car the turned the car off and on then paired my X and it worked. There definitely was a conflict or something to do with iPhone name.
    11-25-2017 09:24 AM