Face ID + Swipe Up... Why?

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
That’s another good option and one I have enabled on my X. However my 7 is my work phone and it gets moved around a lot so I rather not have the screen turning on all the time when not intended.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I like the Face ID + swipe up... HATED having to use the power button on my 7 Plus (and 6S Plus/6 Plus before that) to view my lock screen notifications.

Or if using the home button, it would instantly go to the home screen without seeing the lock screen notifications. HATED that too.

Raise to wake them Face ID to unlock my notifications is brilliant! If I want to go onto the home screen I swipe up, simple and easy.

And as others have said - if you want to go direct to your home screen. Swipe up as you look at it. Instant access to home screen.

The way Face ID works is 100x better than Touch ID.

Agreed
It’s only a matter of time before it gets faster than Touch ID.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes you just want to glance at the time or date on your phone and looking at the lock screen is a lot better than home screen because they’re bigger. ....
True, but for someone like me who has worn a watch since the age of 7 or so will instinctively check the date and time on my watch (in this case, my Watch) even while doing something on my iPhone.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
True, but for someone like me who has worn a watch since the age of 7 or so will instinctively check the date and time on my watch (in this case, my Watch) even while doing something on my iPhone.

Good for you you have Apple Watch. Congrats! I’m only speaking to people who doesn’t wear a watch like me.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I like the Face ID + swipe up... HATED having to use the power button on my 7 Plus (and 6S Plus/6 Plus before that) to view my lock screen notifications.

Or if using the home button, it would instantly go to the home screen without seeing the lock screen notifications. HATED that too.

You could have used the previous phones the same way with raise to wake. Just wouldn’t have had to swipe but rest your finger on the home button. Raise to wake was introduced with the 6s/6s Plus.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Doesn’t help with notifications if they disappear soon as you pick up your phone.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You could have used the previous phones the same way with raise to wake. Just wouldn’t have had to swipe but rest your finger on the home button. Raise to wake was introduced with the 6s/6s Plus.

Just wasn’t as slick as it is on the X with Face ID. These features just become seamless on the X. That’s why I love it!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just wasn’t as slick as it is on the X with Face ID. These features just become seamless on the X. That’s why I love it!

Raise to wake works the same, just unlocking is different. That’s all I was saying. The swipe is cool but raise to wake to view notifications is no different (no need to use power button) :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good for you you have Apple Watch. Congrats! I’m only speaking to people who doesn’t wear a watch like me.

Don’t misunderstand me. I wasn’t harping on you or debating you. The portion of your statement that I quoted made me consider it from my perspective. I understand that not everyone wears a watch.