Hi all, I just ordered an iPhone X and some concerns set upon me. I have been an android user for a while and appreciate its smart unlock feature where you can use a bluetooth device as a way to unlock the phone, when it is connected to it, it won't ask for the passcode, which i use while in car with my car stereo. Now i wanna know does iOS have some similar feture, or how do you unlock your iphone x while driving? For example if i keep the phone on a holder i'd have to move my face in front of the phone and get distracted from the road. Or does it work if my face is laying on a pillow?
    11-20-2017 05:25 PM
    First, no one here is going to recommend that you focus on your smartphone while driving. With that in mind, there are numerous features and options available to Android devices that are not available to the iPhone. Everyone knows that! Let me ask you this! Once that Bluetooth device unlocks your phone, do you take your eyes off the road to continue with whatever it is you plan to do with the phone while the phone is unlocked? If so, isn’t that getting distracted from the road? As for the last question, “Or does it work if my face is laying on a pillow?”, No. FaceID cannot ID your face if it’s laying on a pillow.
    11-20-2017 06:43 PM
    Well i'm an uber driver, so as much as i try not to look at the phone while driving, i just have to
    11-20-2017 07:11 PM
    As for the last question, “Or does it work if my face is laying on a pillow?”, No. FaceID cannot ID your face if it’s laying on a pillow.
    I had a different experience. I had times where I was laying on my side with a partial side of my face in the pillow and Face ID would unlock. That was with "attention required" set to off though. Don't know if that makes a difference.
    11-20-2017 07:58 PM
    I had a different experience. I had times where I was laying on my side with a partial side of my face in the pillow and Face ID would unlock. That was with "attention required" set to off though. Don't know if that makes a difference.
    Whats "attention required"?
    11-20-2017 08:12 PM
    Whats "attention required"?
    Attention required is a Face ID setting that requires that the user be facing his/her iPhone with eyes open to authenticate. Turning it off makes unlocking easier but it’s less secure because the use doesn’t necessarily have to be staring directly at the iPhone and both eyes don’t have to be open.
    11-20-2017 08:15 PM
    My iPhone will unlock under similar circumstances, but I took the OP’s question as if he meant his face was buried in the pillow.
    11-20-2017 08:22 PM
    I don’t have the X but if you’re using maps it would annoy me if it closed and couldn’t see. It’s the only time I use my phone is if I need directions
    11-20-2017 08:30 PM
    double.
    11-20-2017 09:00 PM
    I don’t have the X but if you’re using maps it would annoy me if it closed and couldn’t see. It’s the only time I use my phone is if I need directions
    I have mine in a iOttie wireless charger at eye level next to my steering wheel and FID keeps the phone open all the time. I just did 2,300km's over 3 days for work and this has been the best setup i have had with holder and iPhone.
    Jude526 likes this.
    11-20-2017 09:00 PM