Constantly connecting to WiFi after turned off - Bug or What?

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone X constantly connects to WiFi after you turn it off via the control center.

Is this a bug with iOS 11 or is it something we have to live with? :rolleyes:

I realize that you can dive into settings and actually turn it off there but that is a pain. :mad:

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone X constantly connects to WiFi after you turn it off via the control center.

Is this a bug with iOS 11 or is it something we have to live with? :rolleyes:

I realize that you can dive into settings and actually turn it off there but that is a pain. :mad:

WiFi button that is on the control center does not actually turn the WiFi off. It just disconnects any current connection but will resume the next day. You’ll have to dive in to the WiFi settings to turn it off completely. When iOS 11.2 comes out this December, there’s going to be a message that will pop out with explanation. I agree with you, this is a pain.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
WiFi button that is on the control center does not actually turn the WiFi off. It just disconnects any current connection but will resume the next day. You’ll have to dive in to the WiFi settings to turn it off completely. When iOS 11.2 comes out this December, there’s going to be a message that will pop out with explanation. I agree with you, this is a pain.

Oh wow. I did not know that. Thanks for the info.