8+ to X

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I originally ordered the 8+ when it came out. don't get me wrong, I love it. but it's honestly WAY too big for me, but I really wanted the better camera. I realized I hadn't really done my research when they were announced cause I didn't know until last weekend that the X comes with pretty much the same cameras as the 8+. and it fits in my hand SO much better.

Anyway, the down payment was around $429 with tmobile and when I balked at that, the girl offered to let me pay higher monthly payments instead of making the downpayment. Done!

She told me it should ship Nov 21. My order now says Dec 1. Hopefully I get it before Christmas and all.

Yay!

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I got a 8 and sold it for a X, i don't even use a iPad anymore, gave my 10.5" to my wife as she has no MacBook daughter stole it, and sold her 9.7", don't even miss it the X covers my uses when away from my 27" 5k iMac.

It's good to be free of the home button, TID never agreed with my fingers was always re doing them, and every iPad/iphone you got always had a different feeling button, soft, hard, noisy, no noise, wobbly, stiff.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have had the 8 plus and I also found it to big for my daily driver. I have had the X since the official launch day and I love the device.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad that you guys made the switch too and love it! everyone is SO mad about the notch lol. I guess it doesn't bother me too much. I know if I take a photo, the notch won't be on it, so it doesn't matter. lol. I called today to verify my ship date (I was told Nov 21 at order, EIP paperwork said Dec 1). She clarified Dec 1 then apologized up and down for "misinforming me" and refunded my shipping fee. um. thanks!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad that you guys made the switch too and love it! everyone is SO mad about the notch lol. I guess it doesn't bother me too much. I know if I take a photo, the notch won't be on it, so it doesn't matter. lol. I called today to verify my ship date (I was told Nov 21 at order, EIP paperwork said Dec 1). She clarified Dec 1 then apologized up and down for "misinforming me" and refunded my shipping fee. um. thanks!

In all honesty the notch isn’t even noticeable when you start using it. I notice it sometimes but it has never bothered me from day one.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
In all honesty the notch isn’t even noticeable when you start using it. I notice it sometimes but it has never bothered me from day one.

I only remember that I'm supposed to be outraged by the notch when I see people mention it. Otherwise it's just part of the phone and I don't worry about it ;)

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I did the same thing. I had the iPhone 8 Plus and I was convinced I was going to keep it because it had most of the same specs as the X, but it was $300 cheaper. But once I found out Xs were available at my local Best Buy, I exchanged my 8 Plus for one. I got the 256GB silver on day one and I don't regret it at all. I love the size of the X. It has a larger screen than the 8 Plus in a smaller form factor. And you can definitely notice OIS on the zoom lens at night.

The X is totally worth it, IMO.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

The notch is there. I mean, you definitely notice it when you're using the phone. It's there. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

BUT, it's not a deal breaker.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I originally ordered the 8+ when it came out. don't get me wrong, I love it. but it's honestly WAY too big for me, but I really wanted the better camera. I realized I hadn't really done my research when they were announced cause I didn't know until last weekend that the X comes with pretty much the same cameras as the 8+. and it fits in my hand SO much better.

Anyway, the down payment was around $429 with tmobile and when I balked at that, the girl offered to let me pay higher monthly payments instead of making the downpayment. Done!

She told me it should ship Nov 21. My order now says Dec 1. Hopefully I get it before Christmas and all.

Yay!

It’s not pretty much the same camera. It has a significant difference. Both of the camera in the back has optical image optimization while the 8+ only have one OIS.

There's also a new front-facing camera system, the TrueDepth camera, which is what powers Face ID with its dot projector and infrared camera and sensors. There's also a high-quality f/2.2 7-megapixel camera built into the TrueDepth system for taking selfies.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I’ve been using the plus phones since the 6 plus. After a brief adjustment period, the pluses felt fine to me. I’m also on an iPhone X from an iPhone 8 Plus. I do feel like the screen is somewhat smaller on the X and the battery life is perhaps just slightly less on the X but neither of these are enough to make me go back to the 8 plus. The nicer screen and the smaller footprint without the battery sacrifices of the regular 7 or 8 make it a very nice package.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve been using the plus phones since the 6 plus. After a brief adjustment period, the pluses felt fine to me. I’m also on an iPhone X from an iPhone 8 Plus. I do feel like the screen is somewhat smaller on the X and the battery life is perhaps just slightly less on the X but neither of these are enough to make me go back to the 8 plus. The nicer screen and the smaller footprint without the battery sacrifices of the regular 7 or 8 make it a very nice package.

It’s a nice package.
And there’ll be a bigger X too next year, so that’s nice.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
It’s not pretty much the same camera. It has a significant difference. Both of the camera in the back has optical image optimization while the 8+ only have one OIS.

There's also a new front-facing camera system, the TrueDepth camera, which is what powers Face ID with its dot projector and infrared camera and sensors. There's also a high-quality f/2.2 7-megapixel camera built into the TrueDepth system for taking selfies.

Ok so it’s better. Thus reinforcing my original post.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711