No numerical battery charge indicator?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
It’s a minor gripe, I know...but I kinda liked that the previous iPhone being able to show the numerical battery charge percentage instead of the battery icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Why is it not there?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Control center or add the battery widget to your widget screen.

Probably didn’t fit up there in the corner when they redesigned the phone. Hopefully it’s there in future updates

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I find kind of nice... back to simplicity and makes me not obsess over battery life as much

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Didn’t like not having it at first, but now when I need to see my percentage, I just swipe the top right corner for the control center and it’s there. Not a big deal.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I find it strange they don't have the option to show the percentage anymore. They could easily display the percentage within the battery icon. Slightly off topic but i actually wish they moved the time to just under the notch on the homescreen and that way the the top left corner could be used for other icons that otherwise remain hidden such as bluetooth, silent mode etc

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
It’s a minor gripe, I know...but I kinda liked that the previous iPhone being able to show the numerical battery charge percentage instead of the battery icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Why is it not there?

You can only see the battery percentage in the control center.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The icon is useless to me. It’s just a general idea of battery level, while the pct is exact. Give me the choice. I don’t need the icon at all.

This reminds me of what they did way back I think it was with the original iPad. They changed the mute switch into a screen rotation lock. Enough people were pissed off about it and then they gave a choice between the two in the settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711