A Disappointment....My Honest Thoughts In A Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Posts screenshots of battery being "fantastic" while brightness is clearly at 15%. Yup, great battery :)

15% is enough if you’re not outside in bright sunlight.

You can mock whatever you want, but most people don’t suffer bad battery life. So instead of being facetious, try looking for which apps clearly are a battery hog.

mtva24

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
I just want to clarify everyone is telling you your battery life isn’t normal and offering suggestions to improve it because it should be very similar to the 8+.

Just want to clarify that they are all terrible suggestions. I use my phone with max brightness, LTE, true tone off and auto-brightness off. That's why its being chewed and that is why I'm ignoring your silly suggestions. Haven't seen brightness mentioned anywhere... I've been using my Pixel all day, but my X has been idle connected to wifi. If it were my apps, then why am I at 98% with 10 hours of standby?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Just want to clarify that they are all terrible suggestions. I use my phone with max brightness, LTE, true tone off and auto-brightness off. That's why its being chewed and that is why I'm ignoring your silly suggestions. Haven't seen brightness mentioned anywhere... I've been using my Pixel all day, but my X has been idle connected to wifi. If it were my apps, then why am I at 98% with 10 hours of standby?

That’s fine, most of us have been using iPhones for years and a number of us running betas with bad battery life. Of course our suggestions are terrible. The only thing you mentioned that does have some affect on battery life is brightness, but it wouldn’t change your usage to just a few hours.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Than what’s the problem?
You obviously know everything better than everybody.

What is it that you want at this point from this thread?

mtva24

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
That’s fine, most of us have been using iPhones for years and a number of us running betas with bad battery life. Of course our suggestions are terrible. The only thing you mentioned that does have some affect on battery life is brightness, but it wouldn’t change your usage to just a few hours.

How can it not affect your usage if the display is chewing through your battery? Correct me if I’m wrong, but If you had a less power hungry display you would get more usage...it would be easier if we could just measure by screen on time like android.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
How can it not affect your usage if the display is chewing through your battery? Correct me if I’m wrong, but If you had a less power hungry display you would get more usage...it would be easier if we could just measure by screen on time like android.

I didn’t say it didn’t affect battery life, just that it wouldn’t reduce your usage to a few hours.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Go to Settings > Battery and tap the clock.
You will see the Onscreen Time per app.
And at the bottom of that screen you will see Usage: that is Onscreen Time.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
@mtva24 I’m at 67% battery now. I will turn my brightness all the way up.

09461017fc4bfd5a2f2db23102a6a74e.jpg

mtva24

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
Go to Settings > Battery and tap the clock.
You will see the Onscreen Time per app.
And at the bottom of that screen you will see Usage: that is Onscreen Time.

Usage is not on-screen time. Usage is everything, including listening to music while your screen is off and syncing...

mtva24

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
I don’t agree. Like I don’t agree with most of what you’ve been saying in this thread.

LOL, I would love to justify my $1000 purchase and its easy to get defensive when someone says something negative about it. Still a good phone, but it has flaws.

Usage is not Screen on time

LMGTFY

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
LOL, I would love to justify my $1000 purchase and its easy to get defensive when someone says something negative about it. Still a good phone, but it has flaws.

Usage is not Screen on time

LMGTFY

I don’t have the iPhone X. Nor will I get it.
There is nothing to justify for me, here.

There is clearly something wrong with either an app, or your device in general.

Try to determine which app that is.
If there is no app causing this, make an appointment with Apple Store and have them check it out.

You should not suffer horrible battery life.

mtva24

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
I don’t have the iPhone X. Nor will I get it.
There is nothing to justify for me, here.

There is clearly something wrong with either an app, or your device in general.

Try to determine which app that is.
If there is no app causing this, make an appointment with Apple Store and have them check it out.

You should not suffer horrible battery life.

Not sure why we are even going back in forth if you don't even have the device...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why we are even going back in forth if you don't even have the device...

Because everything what you’ve been saying points to a faulty app.. And frankly, I’m starting to believe that you’re stressing the X out beyond what’s ‘normal’ use and expect it to last a day.

You can’t have both. And not having the device doesn’t disqualify me from knowing stuff.

mtva24

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
Because everything what you’ve been saying points to a faulty app.. And frankly, I’m starting to believe that you’re stressing the X out beyond what’s ‘normal’ use and expect it to last a day.

You can’t have both. And not having the device doesn’t disqualify me from knowing stuff.

That's what your supposed to do with my new phones. Max everything, wi-fi off. Throw everything that you can at it and see how it performs. These phone companies can charge a premium, and supposedly throw in top tier specs, but there is always something that gets done wrong, and in its this case, its the mediocre battery life. I'm not paying a premium to use my phone at lower tier settings...that's like being on a 2gb data plan, or the carrier capping your youtube at 720p, while you have a Quad HD display....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh