I'm just saying that phones should be made to be more durable. Samsung has been making glass phones for a few years now so I've been used to it. I hate that OEMs are making ridiculously expensive and fragile devices. For a device that's ridiculously expensive (the X), it shouldn't also be ridiculously expensive to fix it. Why should any of us have to pay $550 if we break the back of the device when we're already shelling out $200 for AppleCare+?

Here's what I paid:

iPhone X: $1250 + tax
    AppleCare+: $200

If I accidentally break the back of the phone, it's another $549 ti fix it. That right there will put the price to $2,050. For a phone. No freaking way is that acceptable, nor should we as consumers accept that.
    Blame it on the "we want high end materials" crowd, because before we had those nokia devices built like tanks, yet everyone whined and complained that plastic is not high end, so now we are stuck with glass devices that are not as durable.
    Not to mention if you have apple care it isn't $549 to fix it. At least know what you are talking about before throwing around numbers. Here I even found a nice article for you breaking it down https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/29...ying-iphone-x/
    11-18-2017 04:44 PM
    Not to mention if you have apple care it isn't $549 to fix it. At least know what you are talking about before throwing around numbers. Here I even found a nice article for you breaking it down https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/29...ying-iphone-x/

To add to that;
    https://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html
    https://www.apple.com/shop/product/S...e-for-iphone-x
    https://www.apple.com/shop/product/S...-and-iphone-6s
    11-18-2017 04:48 PM
    I think you’ve missed the point. The thread is about how others carry themselves. If it doesn’t apply to you then that’s great. If that statement affects how others carry themselves and interact with their phones, what’s what I’m interested in. You’re not moved by it and that’s great. I spent 7 years in an industry working with people who make decisions based on statements like that. That’s the point here.
    It was actually about common sense & people taking responsibility for their actions by not blaming others. I digress...I’m over it lol
    Sherry_B likes this.
    11-18-2017 04:59 PM
    I agree that anyone buying a phone this expensive should spend a few extra dollars for protection. However I find it reckless that Apple is using glass again. There are many other materials available for them to use. I would think they would want their product to be a little more durable. However I guess being pretty is more important.
    11-18-2017 05:10 PM
    So you assume I’m not educated about the facts of this case because I don’t agree? This just keeps getting better and better lol
    It was an easy assumption since you said she sued because McDonalds didn’t say coffee was hot.

That wasn’t it by a long shot.
    Quis89 likes this.
    11-18-2017 05:16 PM
    Yes but she also put the hot cup of coffee between her legs, and squeezed which caused the lid to come off while driving, so while I think what she endured is terrible, suing because the person did something wrong and blaming someone else is the problem.
    No she didn’t. She wasn’t driving. What are you talking about?

Her grandson had parked the car and she had the cup between her knees in the passenger seat and was removing the lid to add sugar and cream. It spilled liquid that was knowingly being served at a dangerously high temperature that wasn’t the typical temperature for coffee. She didn’t sue for cash - they brought the suit to request McDonalds pay for the portion of her costs not covered by Medicare and to ask them to look at the temperature they were serving their coffee at since it was 50 degrees hotter than standard. The jury took it upon themselves to give her more based on McDonalds previous negligence in other cases.

If you guys are going to use this case as a yard stick get the facts straight. I linked to the facts of that case a page back. I suggest you read it.
    Quis89 likes this.
    11-18-2017 05:21 PM
    She wasn’t driving.
    It doesn't really matter, coffee is hot. You should hold the cup away from you when taking the lid off a freshly poured cup of hot coffee. McDonald's coffee freshly poured is 190 degrees Fahrenheit. The commercial Keurig coffee maker in my kitchen dispenses hot water at 190 degrees Fahrenheit (as do all Keurig coffee makers). Would that silly woman sue Keurig if she spilled a hot drink after making it herself in her own house? I'm betting she would. If given the chance she would sue a sock maker because she slipped on freshly mopped hardwood floors and broke her hip.... "cotton socks are too slippery!".
    11-18-2017 06:44 PM
    Maybe this thread should be renamed whatever happened to common decency
    11-18-2017 07:16 PM
    Let's get back on topic please.....Thank you.
    nikkisharif and jhnnyblze2000 like this.
    11-18-2017 07:23 PM
    I agree that anyone buying a phone this expensive should spend a few extra dollars for protection. However I find it reckless that Apple is using glass again. There are many other materials available for them to use. I would think they would want their product to be a little more durable. However I guess being pretty is more important.
    Except the glass is to allow the wireless charging. It is no more breakable than the flagship Samsung phones (or most other current flagship phones). In fact it is better than some, like the Pixel 2 and the HTC U11, which both have bend issues. While people complain about the price of glass back replacement, particularly compared to the Samsung, at the same time they give Apple high marks for how well built the phone is.

This really seems to be a no win situation for Apple; it seems some group would complain no matter what Apple had done.
    Sherry_B, Just_Me_D and jpgti like this.
    11-18-2017 10:02 PM
    And I would wager the biggest complainers don't even own one.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-19-2017 05:59 AM
    And I would wager the biggest complainers don't even own one.
    I agree. I’m not saying all but majority of the biggest complainers don’t have the iPhone 10. Majority of us who owns it are satisfied with the phone. People tend to justify themselves if they can’t get or upgrade to iPhone 10 for whatever reason. It’s just human nature.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-19-2017 12:46 PM
    1. In your opinion, which iPhone, in and of itself, is the best one Apple has made?
    2. Of all of the iPhone models, which is the fastest in terms of processing speed?
    1. Probably the X. Only issue I have with it is the notch messing up video playback.
    2. Probably the X again since it has better hardware than the other iPhones.
    11-20-2017 01:33 PM
    I agree. I’m not saying all but majority of the biggest complainers don’t have the iPhone 10. Majority of us who owns it are satisfied with the phone. People tend to justify themselves if they can’t get or upgrade to iPhone 10 for whatever reason. It’s just human nature.
    I think it's more they're trying to justify the purchase in their decision making. They voice out their concerns. There's things about the X I don't like. But I know all iPhones will be that way soon. As Apple says, "Say hello to the future!".
    11-20-2017 06:32 PM
    I think it's more they're trying to justify the purchase in their decision making. They voice out their concerns. There's things about the X I don't like. But I know all iPhones will be that way soon. As Apple says, "Say hello to the future!".
    You could very well right. Heck, I made my disdain for its price pretty clear, even though I could afford it. Even though I still went out and bought it, my stance on its price still remains.
    11-20-2017 06:46 PM
    Zero common sense comes from people that make statements such as " I don't put a case on my phone because I love to feel my phone naked". That sounds both stupid and creepy at the same time.
    12-10-2017 06:45 PM
    Zero common sense comes from people that make statements such as " I don't put a case on my phone because I love to feel my phone naked". That sounds both stupid and creepy at the same time.
    I think it makes perfect sense. Apple puts a ton of thought into how their devices feel in the hand. Why would it be stupid to not want to use a case? “Naked” is obviously just another way of saying “without a case”.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    12-10-2017 08:29 PM
    Quoted for truth.

Seriously, what kind of moron puts hot coffee between their legs in the car? You could hit a bump, pothole, have to slam on your breaks because a dog ran across the road, or any other numerous things.
    In no way does that justify the burns she experienced. Thus the reason for her winning the lawsuit...

Edit:

Let's get back on topic please.....Thank you.
    Posted the original before seeing this.
    12-10-2017 10:22 PM
    Not in this day and age.
    We tend to blame others instead of looking within and see what we did wrong
    nr2d and DarkKnight08 like this.
    12-10-2017 10:31 PM
94 ... 234