I've used mine without a case since day one. Fell of the nightstand yesterday and now there's a crack on the back. Least it's not that visible unless you look at it from an angle. Need to be more careful with it from now on.
    Wow! Do you have tile or hardwood in your bedroom or something? I pulled mine off my desk onto the carpet the first day when my desk chair caught the cable after I had plugged it in to restore my 7+'s backup to it and I nearly had a heart attack cause I think it also bounced off my PC tower which is heavy duty steel and was right under it under my desk but no issues at all with the phone after.
    12-01-2017 05:13 PM
    I've started going caseless while at home. The likelihood of me dropping and shattering my device at home is very, very, very low considering its either falling between couch cushions or on the carpet. But I NEVER leave the house without my X being in a case. Too paranoid to risk that.
    I do once in a while but I have to be really careful because most of my downstairs is all tile floors. Even the living room with the large rug over it there's no real cushion from that.
    12-01-2017 05:13 PM
    I haven't gone caseless since my LG V10 battle tank a few years ago. I grabbed the X on a whim last night so I was not prepared. I got a clear bumper case at the (shudder!) carrier store when I got the phone... ouch. Just plain ouch lol. Currently scouring Amazon for a decent wallet style flip case.
    12-02-2017 07:58 AM
    I’m caseless 99% of the time, but I found a case by ESR that is extremely low profile but also protective and - most importantly- matches the phone. I’m really happy with it so far.

tadpoles and Annie_8plus like this.
    12-02-2017 11:32 AM
    I've been really tempted to do so, I even have AppleCare, but still I have a case on at all times. Maybe after a few months I may brave it and go caseless, the phone is just too beautiful to hide behind a case. Some have recommended those really thin cases like Peel, but I just use the Apple silicone cases, which I love.
    12-04-2017 12:27 AM
    I am! No way can I keep a case on this. I have a couple for rare occasions but it’s way too beautiful so I bought these instead and love them. Can barely tell they’re there.
    12-05-2017 02:34 AM
    I've been really tempted to do so, I even have AppleCare, but still I have a case on at all times. Maybe after a few months I may brave it and go caseless, the phone is just too beautiful to hide behind a case. Some have recommended those really thin cases like Peel, but I just use the Apple silicone cases, which I love.
    I love Apple cases too.
    Simple, fits perfectly and looks great.
    12-05-2017 05:46 AM
    I’ve been using mine without any protection or babying it and so far I think it have been aged pretty well.

P.S. I am using it caseless since I have purchased Apple Care+

Who’s using their iPhone X without a case?-img_0325.jpgWho’s using their iPhone X without a case?-img_0324.jpg
    TripleOne likes this.
    01-13-2018 11:17 PM
    I’ve been using mine without any protection or babying it and so far I think it have been aged pretty well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0325.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	374.7 KB 
ID:	121959Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0324.JPG 
Size:	375.5 KB 
ID:	121960
    I see quite a few scratches and it’s stunning
    Alex Barrera likes this.
    01-14-2018 01:05 AM
    I see quite a few scratches and it’s stunning
    I’m also thinking that the scratches add some character to my phone, also after the first scratch I totally stopped to worry about it being damaged. So I’m kind of happy on how the phone looks today
    01-14-2018 01:10 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0325.JPG 
Size:	374.7 KB 
ID:	121959Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0324.JPG 
Size:	375.5 KB 
ID:	121960
    I envy your courage.
    01-14-2018 02:09 AM
    I envy your courage.
    The phone feels so good without a case, that it’s almost a crime to use it with a plastic cover.

Also, I’m pretty sure that after the first repair from Apple Care (I haven’t dropped the phone yet 🤞🏽), i will use it with a case #SorryNotSorry so I’m trying to enjoy my time with the caseless phone.
    01-14-2018 03:03 AM
    I’m also thinking that the scratches add some character to my phone, also after the first scratch I totally stopped to worry about it being damaged. So I’m kind of happy on how the phone looks today
    Scratches added character? Who you must be an extremely positive guy
    01-14-2018 04:37 AM
    It does add character to the phone and it shows that you’ve enjoyed the device the way it’s meant to be.
    Alex Barrera likes this.
    01-14-2018 06:04 AM
    It does add character to the phone and it shows that you’ve enjoyed the device the way it’s meant to be.
    What about resale value ?
    I’m selling all of my iPhone at a decent price mostly because they absolutely pristine.
    DEman19901 likes this.
    01-14-2018 08:18 AM
    Who’s using their iPhone X without a case?-fe7bdd42-9b25-4df3-b182-360d50b89e28.png

With two little ones always asking this EVEN though they have an iPad. Yep, always using a case.
    Zolti, Buckeye2009 and MaxSmarties like this.
    01-14-2018 08:33 AM
    I’m selling all of my iPhone at a decent price mostly because they absolutely pristine.
    It’s easy and that’s the way I’ve sold my older iPhones, i offer the buyer to pay a replacement using Apple Care+ (or if the buyer don’t want to, they use the phone in the current condition) so technically I’m selling a new device with still one repair left and extended warranty
    01-14-2018 01:01 PM
    It’ll affect the resale value, it’s just that I keep my devices and don’t resell them.
    Last edited by TripleOne; 01-14-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    01-14-2018 08:07 PM
    It’s easy and that’s the way I’ve sold my older iPhones, i offer the buyer to pay a replacement using Apple Care+ (or if the buyer don’t want to, they use the phone in the current condition) so technically I’m selling a new device with still one repair left and extended warranty
    Well, you are still losing money that way...
    01-15-2018 01:15 AM
    It’ll affect the resale value, it’s just that I keep my devices and don’t resell them.
    Understood. I’m always selling my iPhone to partially fund the new one.
    TripleOne and DEman19901 like this.
    01-15-2018 01:17 AM
    Well, you are still losing money that way...
    Sure, but you’ll always loose money, I prefer to enjoy the device and loose a little bit more money than using a case/screen protector
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-15-2018 06:54 AM
    I tend to use my X and 8 Plus naked when I’m at home.
    01-15-2018 06:16 PM
    I am it’s the best phone I ever held in my hands. It feels perfect and smooth.
    Alex Barrera and TripleOne like this.
    01-15-2018 09:23 PM
    Understood. I’m always selling my iPhone to partially fund the new one.
    Ditto I am always changing phones Android and IOS. So cases make sure that they are immaculate during the sale.
    01-15-2018 11:24 PM
    Ditto I am always changing phones Android and IOS. So cases make sure that they are immaculate during the sale.
    This always puzzles me: how can someone keep switching between iOS and Android ?
    I invested quite a lot of money in Apple ecosystem (apps, services, hardware) it’s not like I’m going to switch easily every year or two.
    Snoweagle likes this.
    01-17-2018 12:21 AM
85 1234