I HATE FaceID

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone notice FaceID won’t read your face when sideways... at least for me

works fine for me as long as the phone is lined up with my face correctly. I assume you mean when your face is sideways like laying down? If you mean with the phone in landscape mode, yes that's correct it must be in portrait orientation.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
works fine for me as long as the phone is lined up with my face correctly. I assume you mean when your face is sideways like laying down? If you mean with the phone in landscape mode, yes that's correct it must be in portrait orientation.

Yes, the later... when phone in landscape mode.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
So my FaceID is definitely learning and is starting to FINALLY unlock a bit faster. I have had a much higher success rate and am learning how to "deal" with some of the shortcomings but now it's usually unlocked before I even swipe up. I am about to troll the hell out of it though and see how it likes me going from full beard to nearly shaved in 10 days. Will update!

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I have been seriously impressed by FaceID. Its not perfect, but its worked better than i expected it to. Works with my polarized sunglasses on, with a hat on, in the dark etc. Im happy with it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
What I really like about FaceID is how notifications remain private on the lock screen until I look at them. And they pop up automatically when I do. But then revert back to private once I look away. Brilliant!

Agreed. LOVE this feature.

Also, I feel like I’ve gotten better at Face ID since day 1. The trick is swiping up the moment your phone wakes up versus waiting to see the unlocking animation at the top. The vast majority of the time it works perfectly and it’s pretty quick. Just like Touch ID, Face ID will get better (i.e. faster and more accurate) over time. My iPad Pro has a gen 1 Touch ID sensor and it’s sooooooo sloooooooow. I’d take Face ID any day over that.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. LOVE this feature.

Also, I feel like I’ve gotten better at Face ID since day 1. The trick is swiping up the moment your phone wakes up versus waiting to see the unlocking animation at the top. The vast majority of the time it works perfectly and it’s pretty quick. Just like Touch ID, Face ID will get better (i.e. faster and more accurate) over time. My iPad Pro has a gen 1 Touch ID sensor and it’s sooooooo sloooooooow. I’d take Face ID any day over that.

LOL I hear you on the gen 1 touch ID. I got my first iPad a few months ago the 5th Gen basic "iPad" that uses the 6s cpu with the gen 1 touchID. I've never used anything but gen2+. Wow, I thought I had problems with gen 2, at least that one would regularly recognize my left thumb. The gen 1 it's a total game of chance if I'm going to be putting in a PIN to unlock every single time I go to use it. Seriously debating turning off all security on it since it just sits around the house.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2