I have the note 8 as well. The face unlock on my note will never work in low light or dark. The IPhone 10 has been spot on. Works almost every time. The only time I have issues is trying to unlock in bed in the morning.
    One thing I read that I found very helpful(I was also having trouble unlocking the phone in bed) was that people tend to hold the phone too close to their face while in bed which is what is causing problems. So the key is to just hold the phone further away and it should not be a problem.
    11-18-2017 07:26 AM
    Interesting, wonder if it really works. Guess I’ll have to try
    I can attest that it works. At least it has for me.
    popkurn611 likes this.
    11-18-2017 07:48 AM
    You really appreciate it over TouchID if you have wet hands and need to unlock your phone pronto!
    Fingerprint reader on the back? No way. Despise it! Through the screen? Don't expect to see this happening anytime soon or ever. Either use the convenience of FaceID or use a PIN or password.
    11-19-2017 08:34 AM
    What I really like about FaceID is how notifications remain private on the lock screen until I look at them. And they pop up automatically when I do. But then revert back to private once I look away. Brilliant!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-19-2017 08:47 AM
    I’ve had my x for a week and it’s been running smoothly until I did the last update where my Face ID stopped working and now won’t even let me set it back up
    11-19-2017 10:01 AM
    I’ve had my x for a week and it’s been running smoothly until I did the last update where my Face ID stopped working and now won’t even let me set it back up
    Reboot your device, login to your home screen using your lockscreen passcode and then set up FaceID again.
    11-19-2017 10:03 AM
    What I really like about FaceID is how notifications remain private on the lock screen until I look at them. And they pop up automatically when I do. But then revert back to private once I look away. Brilliant!
    You can disable this under Settings > Notifications > Show Previews

Need to test my wife's 6s to see if she has it but she's not on the latest betas.
    11-19-2017 11:18 AM
    Just did this quick video showing the unlocking on the X vs on my Note 8. Let me know what you think:
    11-19-2017 11:45 AM
    Jude526 likes this.
    11-19-2017 11:45 AM
    If it’s on the back than you’d have to go caseless. I don’t do that with any of my phones.
    You could still use a case. Could be like some of those cases that have a cutout for the apple logo.
    11-19-2017 12:00 PM
    You can disable this under Settings > Notifications > Show Previews

Need to test my wife's 6s to see if she has it but she's not on the latest betas.
    Yes, this is also available on TouchID devices.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-19-2017 12:01 PM
    Yes, this is also available on TouchID devices.
    Cool thanks for confirming!
    Tartarus likes this.
    11-19-2017 04:04 PM
    Anyone notice FaceID won’t read your face when sideways... at least for me
    11-19-2017 05:04 PM
    Anyone notice FaceID won’t read your face when sideways... at least for me
    works fine for me as long as the phone is lined up with my face correctly. I assume you mean when your face is sideways like laying down? If you mean with the phone in landscape mode, yes that's correct it must be in portrait orientation.
    11-19-2017 06:53 PM
    works fine for me as long as the phone is lined up with my face correctly. I assume you mean when your face is sideways like laying down? If you mean with the phone in landscape mode, yes that's correct it must be in portrait orientation.
    Yes, the later... when phone in landscape mode.
    11-19-2017 07:01 PM
    Yes, the later... when phone in landscape mode.
    It doesn’t work in landscape mode by design.
    11-19-2017 07:10 PM
    So my FaceID is definitely learning and is starting to FINALLY unlock a bit faster. I have had a much higher success rate and am learning how to "deal" with some of the shortcomings but now it's usually unlocked before I even swipe up. I am about to troll the hell out of it though and see how it likes me going from full beard to nearly shaved in 10 days. Will update!
    Tartarus likes this.
    11-20-2017 10:24 AM
    I have been seriously impressed by FaceID. Its not perfect, but its worked better than i expected it to. Works with my polarized sunglasses on, with a hat on, in the dark etc. Im happy with it.
    11-20-2017 12:05 PM
    Agreed. LOVE this feature.

Also, I feel like I’ve gotten better at Face ID since day 1. The trick is swiping up the moment your phone wakes up versus waiting to see the unlocking animation at the top. The vast majority of the time it works perfectly and it’s pretty quick. Just like Touch ID, Face ID will get better (i.e. faster and more accurate) over time. My iPad Pro has a gen 1 Touch ID sensor and it’s sooooooo sloooooooow. I’d take Face ID any day over that.
    11-20-2017 01:03 PM
    Agreed. LOVE this feature.

Also, I feel like I’ve gotten better at Face ID since day 1. The trick is swiping up the moment your phone wakes up versus waiting to see the unlocking animation at the top. The vast majority of the time it works perfectly and it’s pretty quick. Just like Touch ID, Face ID will get better (i.e. faster and more accurate) over time. My iPad Pro has a gen 1 Touch ID sensor and it’s sooooooo sloooooooow. I’d take Face ID any day over that.
    LOL I hear you on the gen 1 touch ID. I got my first iPad a few months ago the 5th Gen basic "iPad" that uses the 6s cpu with the gen 1 touchID. I've never used anything but gen2+. Wow, I thought I had problems with gen 2, at least that one would regularly recognize my left thumb. The gen 1 it's a total game of chance if I'm going to be putting in a PIN to unlock every single time I go to use it. Seriously debating turning off all security on it since it just sits around the house.
    11-20-2017 01:23 PM
70 123