Those with 64gb..

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
So far fine with 64GB however I will be offloading about 14GB of photos to make room for 4K 60FPS recording. That will kill the device storage. It's manageable, but not great. 128GB is the sweet spot.

amzi160586

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I really wish they would have done a 128 GB option. I think 64 GB and 256 GB are two extreme ends of the spectrum where 128, for me, would have been perfect. I went with the 256 GB in my 7 Plus and it was quite a bit. I didn't get close to half of that. But 64 GB wouldn't work for me. So I have the 256 GB X. It's a lot, but I'm more comfortable with that than I would be with the 64 GB. It's better to have too much than too little of something, in my opinion.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with this one. A 128gb variant would have been the ideal option I think for most - I would have no calms or worries with 128gb.

Hmmm..Still contemplating, lets see if tomorrow AM I can secure a 256gb for collection in store else I’ll just stick it out with 64gb.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
My 64gb iPhone X is on the way and will be in my hands in a couple of days. That said, I don't regret at all getting the smaller storage device. I totally over-bought last time with my 256gb iPhone 7+ because I couldn't find a matte black Plus anywhere else and simply bought what I found...and I have 237.66gb of space available right now!:biggrin:

I use my iPhone primarily as a communication device, don't store a lot of music, nor do I take massive amounts of pictures...so 64gb will probably do me just fine.

WTF????.....for a second there I thought I was over on CB......lmao

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
You should be fine with 64GB. I have 3 years of videos and pictures on my phone and 201 Apps on my old phone and still have 35GB. It all depends on how you use it. You can tell that by looking at your old phone and see how much you’re using it in the past years.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
No regrets with getting the 64GB. I currently have over 35 GB free. Personally I don't find the need for anything larger as I stream all of my music now, and on the rare occasion where I know I wont have service, I download some music on to my iPhone then.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I’m curious...... I am thinking of upgrading. I have a 128 gb 6S Plus. My current status is still having 113.66 gbs and I have only 59 apps. That’s at the high end for me. I just don’t download excessive apps. Would 64gbs be enough for me? I’ve had this phone since it came out. Suggestions please.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I’m curious...... I am thinking of upgrading. I have a 128 gb 6S Plus. My current status is still having 113.66 gbs and I have only 59 apps. That’s at the high end for me. I just don’t download excessive apps. Would 64gbs be enough for me? I’ve had this phone since it came out. Suggestions please.

Absolutely. You will be totally fine. Your storage usage is very light.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I stepped down to 64 from my 128 7 Plus. I only used 27GB on it and currently have just shy of 41 free on my X. I keep my music I most often listen to on the phone (I created playlists with the songs I know I never tire of and downloaded those to the phone but can still stream the odd song from my cloud Apple Music library) 256 would have been overkill.

If there had been a 128 option I would have gotten it but the 64 will be fine for me. And since in Canada the 256 was $210 more than the 64 i really couldn’t justify dropping that extra. To me it came down to “do I drop $1700 after tax on a 256 or a 64 with AppleCare?” AppleCare won.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
..do you regret it? Would be great to hear how those with 64gb variants are getting along.

Me personally, I have taken a fair amount of videos and pictures and have a ton of apps and still have almost 40gb free.

Not sure if 256gb is required given cloud storage options and all.

I have a 64GB iPhone 8 and it’s more that enough for ‘me’. With that in mind, I have a 256 GB iPhone X and I will not even use half of the available storage space. Yes, I wasted money on it, but hey, it is what it is....

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think 256GB would have been way overkill for me. Even my 128GB 7 Plus was barely 20% full at the time of wipe and sell. Thanks to cloud storage, I feel it’s entirely possible to opt for a smaller storage device and save some coin.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I went back and forth on 64gb vs 256gb and honestly. My usage with my 128gb 7plus was less than 25gb that the 256gb would have been a waste.

I agree with most that 128gb is the sweet spot.

Now I am just going to use the savings and put it towards Apple care plus for this beauty.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I would have loved to have done 256 cause I keep telling myself "I'm going to start making videos" and then a year later I haven't and I have a ton of space left. My 7+ only had about 42GB used out of 128 and like 12-13 of that was lossless rips of my CD's. I'm into the 30's now on my 64GB X after only putting the music I was really listening to back on and getting rid of two games that I either don't play at all now or plan to only play on my iPad now that I have one. (that was 3Gb just in games)

So I'm not worried about storage. I should have plenty for any period of time that I want to record stuff, then they'll either be uploaded to whatever social media and deleted or for more important stuff offloaded to my PC for editing anyway. If it starts getting tight on a long trip I can always switch to 1080 recording instead of 4K. I feel I have plenty of storage otherwise for apps, photos, music, day to day usage.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
..do you regret it? Would be great to hear how those with 64gb variants are getting along.

Me personally, I have taken a fair amount of videos and pictures and have a ton of apps and still have almost 40gb free.

Not sure if 256gb is required given cloud storage options and all.

No issues for me. I have some pictures, music, etc on my phone (don't download movies) and not worried about storage. I use Google Photos for pictures so if down the road I would run into a crunch I could use that. But for me, 64gb is plenty.

tai4de2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
For me it's more important to have more storage on my iPad than my iPhone, because I put movies (from Vudu, iTunes, ...) and TV (from TiVo) on it.

On my 64GB iPhone 8 Plus I have ~850 songs and thousands and thousands of photos, and still have almost 20GB of space remaining. I don't regret not spending the extra $$$ on the model with more storage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods