True full screen support in all applications. Faster FaceID.

If we could get those two things then this phone would truly be a homerun.
    11-16-2017 04:28 PM

I'd also like to see an option to swap out the battery icon for a percentage, since you don't have room for both as on previous iPhones.
    That would be a nice improvement.
    11-16-2017 06:10 PM
    Since space is at a premium instead of 100% displaying for full battery how about just a number. Or as in some Android configurations using Xposed/3min battery etc. a number inside a circle OR the number inside the battery icon. For signal strength just a number in -dBm would be perfect.

As for physical changes make the glass on front and back out of aluminum oxide "sapphire" like apple watch. I recently got a series 3 SS to replace my original series 0 that's 2 1/2 years old of hard use. Going over the original watch I find the crystal is in perfect condition. I cannot tell you how many doorknobs it has struck. If our phones had at least the display glass made of this material, complaints of tiny scratches as well as deeper ones that can be felt with a fingernail, would be gone. Since the back is also glass and subject to scratches from dirt in a case I'd say make it with the same material too. As expensive as this phone is, it should be made that way.

If the 64GB X (as it is now) was $899 and the 256 was $1049 the demand would be even higher, right? That's one area I won't touch as I'm sure Apple has spent many millions in marketing research to determine price points. But around this time of the year many would rather have that $100 extra in their pockets! Especially caseoholics.
    11-17-2017 06:46 AM
    I've often wondered why they don't make the glass out of the sapphire. The only conclusion I can come up with is that a screen sized sapphire glass is just too expensive to put on the phone. Just look at the price difference between the two Watch model material configs. Aluminum vs stainless isn't that big a difference. I agree though the Android style battery icon with a % inside it should be no issue and would look just fine. As a former Android user I'm actually surprised they didn't do it that way.
    11-17-2017 04:20 PM
    16:9 aspect ratio.
    11-17-2017 07:14 PM
    I've often wondered why they don't make the glass out of the sapphire. The only conclusion I can come up with is that a screen sized sapphire glass is just too expensive to put on the phone. Just look at the price difference between the two Watch model material configs. Aluminum vs stainless isn't that big a difference. I agree though the Android style battery icon with a % inside it should be no issue and would look just fine. As a former Android user I'm actually surprised they didn't do it that way.
    Yeah it would be way too expensive, and there won’t be enough supply IMO.
    11-18-2017 03:32 AM
    One of the issues with Sapphire glass is, while it is harder to scratch, it is also more "brittle". If you drop your phone, the a sapphire screen would be even more likely to crack than the current glass screens. Combined with the added expense of sapphire glass, you are looking at an even more expensive purchase price and a higher price to repair the screen and back panel.
    11-18-2017 10:41 AM
    I accept that no phone is perfect but i think Apple are too far away from perfection simply because they do not listen to what the consumer wants. They believe they know best and they do as they please and pretty much leave the consumer to like it or lump it. Ironically however they have an almost cult following and get away with it. Samsung on the other hand in my opinion try to give the consumer what they want.

Iam an S8 owner and cannot fault the S8 in any aspect personally but i feel i would like a change and am considering the Iphone X but i cannot help but feel that to own an Iphone means accepting that you pretty much must pay more to own less.

I have no doubt that the Iphone X is a great device but so are many other handsets that are almost half the price. Thats my biggest problem with Apple. Its arguably not even the best device on the market yet somehow Apple feel its worth being the most expensive device to own!

For this phone to be worth its money and close to perfection Apple need to first of all include a fast charger for god sake and stop milking the consumer for every penny they have. At the very least, sell it at a reasonable price! 75 bucks is crazy. Secondly they should have listened to the consumer and NOT removed the headphone jack. Its not an issue for me personally but its apparent that the majority of people WANT a headphone jack but apple simply do not care what you want. They could have also moved touch i.d to the back (maybe remove it altogether when you have face i.d perfected) but for now i think it was silly removing it when it could have easily being implemented!

These things may not seem necessary but imo are features that you only appreciate when you lose them! Thats an LED notification light for a start! Its such a handy feature and so easy to implement that i cannot understand why apple never introduced this! (Iam aware you can use the flash but its not the same) I keep my phone on silent during the night and the led light on my s8 ensures i never miss a notification plus i dont have to constantly check/wake my device!

Customisation is something too that allows the user to really personalise their device and make it their own but Apple pretty much want the device to own you rather then you own the device! Your pretty much stuck with how things look and its kind of boring. In fact the homescreen is virtually the exact same as it was on the very first iphone 10 years ago.

If Apple addressed all of the above then i think they would clean out the whole market even at its current price! Its still a great device but just not worth its asking price!

I would still consider it but not because i feel its an upgrade over what i have or anything! Just purely for change! The price tag however is what stops me.

Out of interest. Has anyone here switched from an S8 or similar and are they happy with the X and if so, why?
    11-18-2017 11:29 AM
    1. no notch
    2. lower price
    3. gameboy emulator
    4. better photo organization options
    11-18-2017 05:05 PM
    Landscape mode would be nice, as well as some sort of reachability mode like the Plus, although without a home button, not sure how it would be implemented... maybe a double bottom swipe or something similar.
    11-18-2017 10:03 PM
    Landscape mode would be nice, as well as some sort of reachability mode like the Plus, although without a home button, not sure how it would be implemented... maybe a double bottom swipe or something similar.
    The iPhone X has reachability.
    11-18-2017 10:09 PM
    The iPhone X has reachability.
    Oh really? Haha... how do you do it?
    11-18-2017 10:13 PM
    Oh really? Haha... how do you do it?
    It is turned off by default; you turn it on in Settings>General<Accessibility. Once you have turned it on, you just pull down on the screen at the bottom of the phone, maybe a mm or two above the "home line." It's pretty easy once you get the gesture figured out.
    11-18-2017 10:26 PM
    It is turned off by default; you turn it on in Settings>General<Accessibility. Once you have turned it on, you just pull down on the screen at the bottom of the phone, maybe a mm or two above the "home line." It's pretty easy once you get the gesture figured out.
    Just tried it... doesn’t work all that well. But thanks for letting me know it existed.
    11-18-2017 10:48 PM
    Just tried it... doesn’t work all that well. But thanks for letting me know it existed.
    I think it is mostly a learning curve, like some of the other gestures (like bring up the app switcher). I have no issue with reachability.
    iwoodland likes this.
    11-18-2017 10:50 PM
    Just a tip for Reachability; on the home screen start from the center of the apps in the dock. Not necessarily the center of the phone (I usually pull down from the right side because of the way I hold my phone). Once you get it down pat it becomes second nature to do it on any screen.
    11-25-2017 11:21 AM
    They did try, but it was a disaster. The company they contracted out to do the screens ended up going bankrupt, and Apple lost millions that they gave the company. Can't remember what the company was called.
    11-25-2017 11:23 AM
    Out of interest. Has anyone here switched from an S8 or similar and are they happy with the X and if so, why?
    I had an S8+ before the X, and while I liked it I'm glad I'm back on iOS. The S8+ is a nice phone, but I'm about to put it up for sale because I don't really need it. I use both Android and iOS regularly, and iOS has it's drawbacks, but the overall package is better for me. I completely get why some people prefer Android.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    11-25-2017 11:36 AM
    Apple pen... miss the note for only this reason
    11-25-2017 01:33 PM
    Notification LED , More customisation options , maybe touch id on the back/side and a peoples edge feature like on the samsung s8
    11-25-2017 02:11 PM
45 12