Yes, it is a shame-img_0037.jpg

While drinking my coffee this morning at McDonald’s across the street from my office, I came across an article via the Apple News app with the headline, “It’s Inexcusable For Apple and Google To Ship Pricey Phones With Busted Software”. In addition, it shows a photo of the iPhone X. With that in mind, I don’t have any problems with what the title states, however, I do have a problem with almost the entire article being about the author’s complaints about the Google Pixel. Literally! Very little is about the iPhone. It’s a shame that the author felt the need to display an iPhone X and use Apple’s name first in the title to lure readers, in my opinion. What say you?

https://apple.news/AJDxCLuByReS4cx59dglBHQ
    Sherry_B and EagleFox007 like this.
    11-14-2017 07:12 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0037.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	120376

It’s a shame that the author felt the need to display an iPhone X and use Apple’s name first in the title to lure readers, in my opinion. What say you?

Masters of click bait
    Just_Me_D, Sherry_B and aximtreo like this.
    11-14-2017 07:30 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0037.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	120376

While drinking my coffee this morning at McDonald’s across the street from my office, I came across an article via the Apple News app with the headline, “It’s Inexcusable For Apple and Google To Ship Pricey Phones With Busted Software”. In addition, it shows a photo of the iPhone X. With that in mind, I don’t have any problems with what the title states, however, I do have a problem with almost the entire article being about the author’s complaints about the Google Pixel. Literally! Very little is about the iPhone. It’s a shame that the author felt the need to display an iPhone X and use Apple’s name first in the title to lure readers, in my opinion. What say you?

Mashable was a pretty good source of tech news until a few years ago. Now they're just another buzzfeed. Actually with John Paczkowski now at buzzfeed they're more respectable than Mashable. I get where the article is coming from. I just think it's poorly written.

They only used an iPhone X for the image because Pixels don't sell in volume and are much less recognizable. Mashable will get what they want out of it though. Clicks and revenue.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-14-2017 07:44 AM
    And if one of these companies delayed a product launch waiting to "fix" the software, these same people would skewer them for the delay.
    Just_Me_D, cwbcpa and Squeeze Play like this.
    11-14-2017 08:34 AM
    If you compare the number of problems these both phones suffered, the Pixel blows the X out of the water with its truckload of issues. It’s truly a shame!
    Just_Me_D and dejanh like this.
    11-14-2017 10:16 AM
    Well, the premise is correct. It is inexcusable to ship such expensive products with flaws. I don't think anyone can argue with that unless they like problems. However, the more complex the devices get and the shorter the cycle between new releases, the more issues we will see. That's the nature of it. HW and SW is only getting more complex, and the timeframe to refresh devices is getting shorter.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-14-2017 05:00 PM
    The Pixel 2 XL is a dumpster fire of a phone. Nobody should be purchasing it.

But I agree with you. The article is talking about issues with the Pixel 2 XL but used a picture of an iPhone X. It's Buzzfeed-level clickbait, at best.
    Just_Me_D and lawless_pc like this.
    11-14-2017 05:12 PM
    Ah, the good ole' 'click bait'. A shame these tricks are used, merely to make a 'living'...
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-14-2017 06:46 PM
    Biggest issue I've faced:

My iPhone has continued to be useless for 2FA. I'm about to turn 2FA off on my iCloud Account/Apple ID because the codes never, EVER come through on my iPhone. It didn't work with my 6S, and it doesn't work with my 7. It works on my iMac - so it's not the system, per se, that's at fault (at least, I don't think).

For some reason, my iOS devices simply NEVER work - which means I can never log into my account from a new device/device I don't own unless I'm at home with physical access to my iMac. I'm likely going to turn this off very soon, because it's has really bitten me in the *** at least 4x thus far. It simply doesn't work for me on iOS - ever. It never has.
    11-14-2017 07:15 PM

My iPhone has continued to be useless for 2FA. I'm about to turn 2FA off on my iCloud Account/Apple ID because the codes never, EVER come through on my iPhone. It didn't work with my 6S, and it doesn't work with my 7. It works on my iMac - so it's not the system, per se, that's at fault (at least, I don't think).

For some reason, my iOS devices simply NEVER work - which means I can never log into my account from a new device/device I don't own unless I'm at home with physical access to my iMac. I'm likely going to turn this off very soon, because it's has really bitten me in the *** at least 4x thus far. It simply doesn't work for me on iOS - ever. It never has.
    I have the same problem from time to time. Since I came back to iOS I haven't been able to log in to iCloud.com I get the alert, put in the code, and it says some kind of server error. It's really annoying because I hate the mail app on my MBP.
    lawless_pc likes this.
    11-14-2017 07:30 PM
    Either turn off Two factor, and then turn it back on, thus generating a 'new connection'.
    Alternatively, log into iCloud.com and then set the device in Two factor again. I had to do that when I switched devices last week.

I use Two factor or MFA, on ALL my secure devices and accounts.

11-14-2017 07:37 PM
    It’s been this way for 2-3 years, and I’m not exactly tech illiterate. I’ve tried all of that. It simply doesn’t work. I’ll likely just turn it off for good. It is no longer worth the time (of which I’ve wasted much) troubleshooting this issue. That’s their job, not mine.
    11-14-2017 07:41 PM
    I just can't justify these rising flagship prices anymore. The "can't afford it" argument doesn't wash either because I'll show you receipts for the $100k I spent on home improvements last year paid in full. It's 100% principle for me simply because as a geek I know how glitchy and fail prone all these devices are regardless of the price tag so NO. Not playing by their rules. 2 days ago I was offered a choice by our carrier to replace my wife's broken and old phone and I immediately chose a 2017 Pixel 2 for $180 on contract over a 2017 $600-800 iPhone. Why? Because I know my $5000 SubZero fridge / freezer are going to last forever over any $2000 Whirlpool set and I'll happily drop the coin. I don't feel that way about smartphones regardless of whether it's $200 vs $800. I don't trust them and rightfully so. Done with Apple's or Samsung's flagship phones and that includes taking a pass on the Pixel 2 XL. I do not pay top dollar for any products that don't have a bullet proof track record which pretty much excludes any smartphone in existence.
    11-15-2017 08:52 PM
    I just can't justify these rising flagship prices anymore. The "can't afford it" argument doesn't wash either because I'll show you receipts for the $100k I spent on home improvements last year paid in full. It's 100% principle for me simply because as a geek I know how glitchy and fail prone all these devices are regardless of the price tag so NO. Not playing by their rules. 2 days ago I was offered a choice by our carrier to replace my wife's broken and old phone and I immediately chose a 2017 Pixel 2 for $180 on contract over a 2017 $600-800 iPhone. Why? Because I know my $5000 SubZero fridge / freezer are going to last forever over any $2000 Whirlpool set and I'll happily drop the coin. I don't feel that way about smartphones regardless of whether it's $200 vs $800. I don't trust them and rightfully so. Done with Apple's or Samsung's flagship phones and that includes taking a pass on the Pixel 2 XL. I do not pay top dollar for any products that don't have a bullet proof track record which pretty much excludes any smartphone in existence.
    It’s all about profit margins. They know people will pay for the phones and they want the same profit margins so the cost goes up.
    11-15-2017 09:45 PM
    Oh I know. I'm just attempting to say what I think of the logic people who pay it in a nice way
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-15-2017 09:58 PM