Does the silver scratch easier than the space gray?

bchain996

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Agree. Seems like coming from a case. He mentioned that he always clean his phone so he always take out the case. Some silicone case have rough edges.

Yeah maybe it’s the peel case it has to snap on phone. Noticed more of them today. Sooo going caseless and ordered cape cod wipes to try and fix scratches if not I’ll just have to get a new one and restart

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah maybe it’s the peel case it has to snap on phone. Noticed more of them today. Sooo going caseless and ordered cape cod wipes to try and fix scratches if not I’ll just have to get a new one and restart

If they’re not gouges it will take them out. My SS  Watch gets a polish now and then to look new.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
404f77ad4c43f24225953170f6ab3b45.jpg

Gray can scratch too. But there is no wiping this out with a cape cod wipe like silver.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
There is a liquid screen protector you can buy for smartphones these days. You basically clean the screen with this liquid and leave it set and apparently it offers scratch protection without actually have a physical protector over the screen. No idea how well it works but i would be interested in hearing if this could work for the silver bezel? Any one know of any such thing that you can use to essentially coat/protect stainless steel against scratches?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
There is a liquid screen protector you can buy for smartphones these days. You basically clean the screen with this liquid and leave it set and apparently it offers scratch protection without actually have a physical protector over the screen. No idea how well it works but i would be interested in hearing if this could work for the silver bezel? Any one know of any such thing that you can use to essentially coat/protect stainless steel against scratches?

Those liquid screen protectors don't work. At best they apply another coat or two of oleophobic coating to the screen. I'm sure there is something that can coat standard polished stainless steel but I would not attempt to dip my phone into it.

I got my Space Gray device today. I must say I like the color much better when I get to properly hold it in-hand vs. trying it in the store. It does not stand out like the Silver however. The Space Gray just blends in with all other black slab phones.

Keith Molloy

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I really like the silver version. Really worried about that silver bezel getting scratched up and looking awful though. My S8 was the midnight black model with black bezels and never picked up a single scratch so iam thinking i should stick to the same variant with the iPhone x but that silver model just keeps calling me. Ahhhhh what do i do ha

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I really like the silver version. Really worried about that silver bezel getting scratched up and looking awful though. My S8 was the midnight black model with black bezels and never picked up a single scratch so iam thinking i should stick to the same variant with the iPhone x but that silver model just keeps calling me. Ahhhhh what do i do ha

Cape Cod wipes.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn’t worry too much about it getting scratched, it’s only normal.

Get the silver and just enjoy it

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn’t worry too much about it getting scratched, it’s only normal.

Get the silver and just enjoy it

I think if somebody already expresses concern about scratches saying "just enjoy it" will probably not help them. ;) With that said, scratches can buff out. Seems to be a consensus that Cape Cod wipes are the way to go. Lots of reviews on Amazon of people using these on their Apple Watch with great success.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I went and ordered the Silver ;-) Sadly the silver model cost me 40 bucks more so i hope its good looks warrant the extra cash ha

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I think if somebody already expresses concern about scratches saying "just enjoy it" will probably not help them. ;) With that said, scratches can buff out. Seems to be a consensus that Cape Cod wipes are the way to go. Lots of reviews on Amazon of people using these on their Apple Watch with great success.

True hahaha, but I tend to appreciate scratches and think of them as battle scars when it come to both my devices or watches.