I agree with this, but I understand how the little scratches would bother someone.

I use an Apple silicone case and I noticed that my silver X has the little micro scratches on the bezel where exposed. I took my case off to clean the phone, and sure enough, there are a few scratches already on the band where covered by the case, and I’ve only had the phone a few days. It doesn’t really bother me though, and this is what I expected based on how my SS Apple Watch looks after a year of use.

I do think resale value would be diminished on the silver X with scratches, but probably not as much as presently thought. Plus the superficial marks likely won’t matter if traded in on the iPhone upgrade program or similar carrier plan.
    It’ll definitely affect the resale value.
    I myself get bothered by scratches, but I tend to get used to them over time. Silver stainless steel gets scratched quite easily.
    11-29-2017 09:50 PM
    It’ll definitely affect the resale value.
    I myself get bothered by scratches, but I tend to get used to them over time. Silver stainless steel gets scratched quite easily.
    It really does scratch easily. The first scratch bothers me; the next ones don’t. I’ve not dropped my phone or put it in a pocket with keys, change, etc, and I’ve already got the scratches showing up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    11-29-2017 10:03 PM
    It really does scratch easily. The first scratch bothers me; the next ones don’t. I’ve not dropped my phone or put it in a pocket with keys, change, etc, and I’ve already got the scratches showing up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yep, it happened to my automatic watches too.
    Steel tends to scratch too easily, which is bleh.
    11-30-2017 02:09 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...307c69a80.jpeg I stand corrected my phone has never been dropped and I baby it more then anyone I or anyone else knows and this morning I did my daily morning scrub down with a microfiber and there has to be at least 5 dings on my phone. I’m devastated and only thing I can imagine is it hit something while in my pocket..
    Those markings look like a case or something based on their even spacing and being in the same direction. Get some Cape Cod wipes and they'll come right out unless they're gouges. Scratches are easy.
    11-30-2017 04:41 AM
    I have ordered two packs of Cape Cod wipes. I think I’m going to stick to my Silver X and will definitely need to buff out these scratches at some point in time. By the way, would masking of the glass be required when using Cape Cod on the stainless steel?
    11-30-2017 09:02 AM
    Those markings look like a case or something based on their even spacing and being in the same direction. Get some Cape Cod wipes and they'll come right out unless they're gouges. Scratches are easy.
    Agree. Seems like coming from a case. He mentioned that he always clean his phone so he always take out the case. Some silicone case have rough edges.
    11-30-2017 11:09 AM
    I have ordered two packs of Cape Cod wipes. I think I’m going to stick to my Silver X and will definitely need to buff out these scratches at some point in time. By the way, would masking of the glass be required when using Cape Cod on the stainless steel?
    Just go easy and you shouldn’t have to. But you can if you want
    11-30-2017 11:41 AM
    Just go easy and you shouldn’t have to. But you can if you want
    I think I'd be more comfortable if the glass is masked. One slip and there is no coming back from it.
    11-30-2017 12:50 PM
    I think I'd be more comfortable if the glass is masked. One slip and there is no coming back from it.
    they're wipes, you'll see. couldn't hurt to mask it, so do what you feel comfortable doing.
    dejanh likes this.
    11-30-2017 05:38 PM
    they're wipes, you'll see. couldn't hurt to mask it, so do what you feel comfortable doing.
    A roll of frog painters tape is a hell of a lot less expensive than glass replacement even with Apple care!
    dejanh likes this.
    11-30-2017 05:55 PM
    A roll of frog painters tape is a hell of a lot less expensive than glass replacement even with Apple care!
    you don't use the wipes on the glass
    11-30-2017 05:57 PM
    you don't use the wipes on the glass
    Haha true, from watching other people work with their hands though not everyone is careful or steady.
    robertk328 and dejanh like this.
    11-30-2017 06:03 PM
    Agree. Seems like coming from a case. He mentioned that he always clean his phone so he always take out the case. Some silicone case have rough edges.
    Yeah maybe it’s the peel case it has to snap on phone. Noticed more of them today. Sooo going caseless and ordered cape cod wipes to try and fix scratches if not I’ll just have to get a new one and restart
    11-30-2017 06:09 PM
    Yeah maybe it’s the peel case it has to snap on phone. Noticed more of them today. Sooo going caseless and ordered cape cod wipes to try and fix scratches if not I’ll just have to get a new one and restart
    If they’re not gouges it will take them out. My SS  Watch gets a polish now and then to look new.
    11-30-2017 06:58 PM
    If they’re not gouges it will take them out. My SS  Watch gets a polish now and then to look new.
    I can barely feel them if at all with fingernail so hoping I’m okay!
    11-30-2017 08:42 PM
    I can barely feel them if at all with fingernail so hoping I’m okay!
    That's fine, it'll get those
    12-01-2017 06:07 AM

Gray can scratch too. But there is no wiping this out with a cape cod wipe like silver.
    12-01-2017 09:21 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...70f6ab3b45.jpg

Gray can scratch too. But there is no wiping this out with a cape cod wipe like silver.
    Does this happen with or without case?
    12-01-2017 11:31 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...70f6ab3b45.jpg

Ouch. Is this your device? My Space Gray is coming today or Monday. I am still undecided whether I want to go with Space Grey or stick with Silver. I love the color combo of the Silver.
    12-01-2017 11:58 AM
    Does this happen with or without case?
    Appears from case removal.
    12-01-2017 12:26 PM
    Ouch. Is this your device? My Space Gray is coming today or Monday. I am still undecided whether I want to go with Space Grey or stick with Silver. I love the color combo of the Silver.
    No not mine. A friends.
    12-01-2017 12:26 PM
    No not mine. A friends.

Appears from case removal.
    That is not good. The coating is very vulnerable. I think I will very likely stick with Silver then.
    12-01-2017 12:30 PM
    There is a liquid screen protector you can buy for smartphones these days. You basically clean the screen with this liquid and leave it set and apparently it offers scratch protection without actually have a physical protector over the screen. No idea how well it works but i would be interested in hearing if this could work for the silver bezel? Any one know of any such thing that you can use to essentially coat/protect stainless steel against scratches?
    12-04-2017 06:19 PM
    There is a liquid screen protector you can buy for smartphones these days. You basically clean the screen with this liquid and leave it set and apparently it offers scratch protection without actually have a physical protector over the screen. No idea how well it works but i would be interested in hearing if this could work for the silver bezel? Any one know of any such thing that you can use to essentially coat/protect stainless steel against scratches?
    Those liquid screen protectors don't work. At best they apply another coat or two of oleophobic coating to the screen. I'm sure there is something that can coat standard polished stainless steel but I would not attempt to dip my phone into it.

I got my Space Gray device today. I must say I like the color much better when I get to properly hold it in-hand vs. trying it in the store. It does not stand out like the Silver however. The Space Gray just blends in with all other black slab phones.
    12-05-2017 01:24 AM
    I really like the silver version. Really worried about that silver bezel getting scratched up and looking awful though. My S8 was the midnight black model with black bezels and never picked up a single scratch so iam thinking i should stick to the same variant with the iPhone x but that silver model just keeps calling me. Ahhhhh what do i do ha
    nnahorski likes this.
    12-05-2017 02:55 AM
201 ... 56789