This is wife’s after 8 days with an Apple case and it being open on the bottom.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...24afd1d191.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...90777a93d4.jpg
    Wow!! That’s not good and I feel that’s a warranty issue and should be replaced by Apple. Thanks for the heads up sir.
    11-12-2017 09:11 PM
    Wow!! That’s not good and I feel that’s a warranty issue and should be replaced by Apple. Thanks for the heads up sir.
    It’s not. It’s stainless steel for you. Her next one will do the same thing. So no more Apple cases for her since they are open. Her first gen and 2nd gen SS Apple Watch did the same thing.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    11-12-2017 09:13 PM
    Yeap, that’s normal.
    No scratches on my SG, probably due to the coating on the stainless steel.
    11-12-2017 09:59 PM
    Er...wow. I don’t even know how that’s possible. I’ve been caseless or with an Apple case since launch day and my silver isn’t even close to looking like that. Where the heck does she carry it?!?! I throw mine in my pocket, jacket pocket, purse...
    11-12-2017 10:05 PM
    Yeap, that’s normal.
    No scratches on my SG, probably due to the coating on the stainless steel.
    Your exactly right.
    TripleOne likes this.
    11-12-2017 10:36 PM
    Whoa that’s crazy. Mine is still perfect and I’m using the Apple leather case with the open bottom.
    nr2d likes this.
    11-12-2017 10:36 PM
    Er...wow. I don’t even know how that’s possible. I’ve been caseless or with an Apple case since launch day and my silver isn’t even close to looking like that. Where the heck does she carry it?!?! I throw mine in my pocket, jacket pocket, purse...
    Either she carrier or in her purse. She says she doesn’t put it next to keys or anything. So I am not even sure.
    11-12-2017 10:37 PM
    Whoa that’s crazy. Mine is still perfect and I’m using the Apple leather case with the open bottom.
    Silver? Im using an Apple case and I have a few light scratches after 10 days. But I can tell over time they will pile up.
    11-12-2017 10:56 PM
    My heart broke a little 🤭. Is she worried about those scratches? If so, a friend recommended I look into slickwraps (or other sticker companies) for added protection. Obviously they won’t protect on drops alone, but may help with those buggy micro scratches. They have some neat designs, but I wonder how they would fit with some cases (like Apple silicone & leather, etc). Anyone have any input?
    11-13-2017 12:24 AM
    I've polished my SS watch and it still has micro scratches after a bit but you don't notice them unless you're looking for them. The bottom of the phone is a bit harder to polish because of the speakers but can be done along the edges if you're careful. Mine is still clean, thankfully (using Apple silicone). Goes in my pocket all by itself.
    11-13-2017 05:47 AM
    Silver? Im using an Apple case and I have a few light scratches after 10 days. But I can tell over time they will pile up.
    Yes, silver.
    mrbjr likes this.
    11-13-2017 06:15 AM
    My heart broke a little . Is she worried about those scratches? If so, a friend recommended I look into slickwraps (or other sticker companies) for added protection. Obviously they won’t protect on drops alone, but may help with those buggy micro scratches. They have some neat designs, but I wonder how they would fit with some cases (like Apple silicone & leather, etc). Anyone have any input?
    It really just depends on the case. Some cases are too snug fitting for a skin to fit underneath. Slickwraps does sell a case that you can use with their skins. I'm pretty sure it's a Spigen, but can't remember. I've used their skins in the past, and the clear ones are pretty good if you only want scratch protection and extra grip. I never bothered trying to put a case on top of it though, because the reason I got the skin was that I didn't want to use a case.

Not really sure it would be worth the extra expense, but you could probably just cut the bottom (thin piece that covers the stainless band) off of a clear skin, apply it, and then put a case with an open bottom on it for extra scratch protection.
    11-13-2017 08:00 AM
    So, her scratches are from the case being open on the bottom and not the actual case causing the scratches?
    11-13-2017 08:05 AM
    I still wonder how she’s actually carrying it because I’ve thrown it in pockets with keys etc and have no marks even close to that, Apple case AND naked.

The only mark I have is a scratch on the back glass itself caused by debris caught in the ringke fusion case. My silver is pristine. Heck it even slid off a chair onto tile at the hair salon Saturday, no case, hit in the silver bezel, no marks.

Is she SURE she’s putting it somewhere without anything in it? Is her purse or pockets lined with sandpaper? Lol
    dannejanne likes this.
    11-13-2017 09:21 AM
    This.

I think there are many factors involved in the scratching of the phone. I’m not saying the silver doesn’t scratch easier, I’m just saying the only way to be sure is have the same person carry each color under the same conditions.
    11-13-2017 10:20 AM
    So, her scratches are from the case being open on the bottom and not the actual case causing the scratches?
    Well the silicone case left some scratches on each side. Not sure how. But 90% of the scratches are on the bottom from the open case.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    11-13-2017 10:35 AM
    I am ordering another X for my nephew for Christmas and it looks like it will be the space grey version like I already have. I thought about the sliver one, but after seeing the pictures. Now I am having second thoughts.
    aidmyaim likes this.
    11-13-2017 12:59 PM
    I guess this is going to depend on how it’s used and cases as I’ve heard some cases are scratching the back. I have not had a case since day one and tend to go back and forth between using my cases and not. I initially used a clear Spigen case and currently an Apple Silicon one and just inspected my phone. No scratches on the glass or chrome band. I thought I saw scratches on the bottom but after wiping it was just fingerprints.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-13-2017 02:18 PM
    I guess this is going to depend on how it’s used and cases as I’ve heard some cases are scratching the back. I have not had a case since day one and tend to go back and forth between using my cases and not. I initially used a clear Spigen case and currently an Apple Silicon one and just inspected my phone. No scratches on the glass or chrome band. I thought I saw scratches on the bottom but after wiping it was just fingerprints.
    Exactly my experience.

It certainly wouldn’t keep me from buying the silver.
    11-13-2017 03:45 PM
    I am using silicone made by Apple with open bottom and don’t have any scratches so far on my silver iPhone 10 since launch day.
    11-13-2017 07:45 PM
    I haven’t investigated my phone enough between daily case swaps to look. Would I go with space gray over the silver in either case? Nope. Love the silver. Reminiscent of my iPhone 4/4S days. Loved that lovely white color.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-13-2017 09:11 PM
    Well, this is how Apple tries to kill the second hand market. Softish materials that show wear after less than a week of use, slippery surfaces that make the phone drop very easily. I think there are many materials available that a) look great and b) are way less prone to scratch and less slippery. So it would be possible to create ergonomic & sexy phones that stay in good shape for quite some time, if they just wanted. But that would mean many more good looking & mint condition devices on eBay.....
    11-14-2017 05:47 AM
    Well, this is how Apple tries to kill the second hand market. Softish materials that show wear after less than a week of use, slippery surfaces that make the phone drop very easily. I think there are many materials available that a) look great and b) are way less prone to scratch and less slippery. So it would be possible to create ergonomic & sexy phones that stay in good shape for quite some time, if they just wanted. But that would mean many more good looking & mint condition devices on eBay.....
    The X is less slippery than the 6s I used before I got it. And my silver isn't scratched like the single incident above. I keep it in my pocket with no keys or anything. There will be micro scratches I'm sure, but if you take care of it, it shouldn't be scuffed up like that.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-14-2017 07:09 AM
    TBH I think Ive and Cook have better things to worry about than second hand phone sales on eBay.
    bchain996 likes this.
    11-14-2017 07:58 AM
    Ouch...this is something that I have been worried about since I got the silver color variant. My Black Stainless Steel Apple Watch looks flawless still because it has the black diamond coating on it. Now I am thinking that I may need to get the Space Gray variant of the phone instead. Those scratches are crazy visible.

Edit: And I ordered the Space Grey now...let's hope it arrives soon.
    Last edited by dejanh; 11-14-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    11-14-2017 06:07 PM
201 1234 ...