Signal strength

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Can someone with the X and a 7+ give me an idea how the two compare with signal strength? I hate that we can't go into dbm mode to really analyze this, but would appreciate your perspective nonetheless. Thanks

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Are there any iOS apps to measure dBm? I tried the *3001#12345#* and that takes me to field test but I can’t find dBm anymore once I updated to iOS 11.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Are there any iOS apps to measure dBm? I tried the *3001#12345#* and that takes me to field test but I can’t find dBm anymore once I updated to iOS 11.

I don't think there is unfortunately..... We have to base it on stupid bars and anecdotal experience

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Bump.
I know this isn't the sexiest of topics, but it will be the determining factor in whether I get the X or such r with 7+ this year.
I played around with one at the Verizon store and it kept 4 bars the entire time while my 7+and the 8 and 8+ next to it stayed at 2 bars (sometimes the 8 would go to 3 bars).
Anecdotally, that's awesome. Do any of you have a X with a 7+ or 8+ that you can compare? It stinks we have to do it on stupid bars versus dbm. Thanks for any help.

bricky23

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site
Bars won’t tell much. It’s more just day to day usage. I check oil wells for a living, and drive all over. I use a T-Mobile version on cricket wireless. It keeps a signal as well or better than any other phone that I’ve used. Including other iPhones.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Bars won’t tell much. It’s more just day to day usage. I check oil wells for a living, and drive all over. I use a T-Mobile version on cricket wireless. It keeps a signal as well or better than any other phone that I’ve used. Including other iPhones.

Thanks- it's truly the geek in me that misses the exact signal strength that you'd get from going into test mode, but I don't have an office or home phone... This is it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2