I was planning to buy an iPhone X from US and I was gonna use it in India. So i just want to make sure that iPhone X from Apple store are Unlocked ?.And is it going to work in India with Indian Carriers?
    11-11-2017 11:14 PM
    I don’t believe an unlocked version is available yet. Keep checking www.apple.com.
    It should work just fine in India as long as you have the correct SIM card.
    11-12-2017 12:13 AM
    If you pay retail from Apple, they are unlocked. The Att and T-Mobile version can only be used on GSM carriers. If you buy a Verizon model, they are unlocked for CDMA or GSM carriers.
    firedept10 likes this.
    11-12-2017 12:22 AM
    If you pay retail from Apple, they are unlocked. The Att and T-Mobile version can only be used on GSM carriers. If you buy a Verizon model, they are unlocked for CDMA or GSM carriers.
    I could have sworn all iPhone X models were carrier locked. You generally know more about this stuff than I do though so I’ll leave it at that.
    11-12-2017 12:54 AM
    Never mind! @Garz was right.
    https://www.imore.com/how-buy-iphone-x-unlocked
    They do generally start offering a SIM-free version at some point as well, although it doesn’t appear to be available as of now.
    11-12-2017 12:57 AM
    Never mind! @Garz was right.
    https://www.imore.com/how-buy-iphone-x-unlocked
    They do generally start offering a SIM-free version at some point as well, although it doesn’t appear to be available as of now.
    You are right. They usually do sim unlocked. Maybe a couple of months after released. But Apple never sells the phone locked if you pay retail. They only stay locked if you do something like Att Next or your own carrier financing. Not the Apple upgrade program. Now remember this only applies to phones purchased at the Apple store.
    Rob Phillips and firedept10 like this.
    11-12-2017 12:59 AM
    You are right. They usually do sim unlocked. Maybe a couple of months after released. But Apple never sells the phone locked if you pay retail. They only stay locked if you do something like Att Next or your own carrier financing. Not the Apple upgrade program. Now remember this only applies to phones purchased at the Apple store.
    Also, iphones sold at Tmobile and AT&T carriers stores are locked even if you pay full retail. I like that Apple's are unlocked out of the box no matter the carrier as long as you pay full retail.
    11-12-2017 01:27 AM
    Also, iphones sold at Tmobile and AT&T carriers stores are locked even if you pay full retail. I like that Apple's are unlocked out of the box no matter the carrier as long as you pay full retail.
    It’s because there is no benefit for the carrier to sell it to you unlocked. With Apple, they are not the carrier so they don’t care. If you pay in full, you can do what you please with the phone.
    firedept10 likes this.
    11-12-2017 02:02 AM
    Our FCC here in Canada made it law that as of December all phones sold must be unlocked. People were complaining about the carriers charging $50+ to unlock it after it was paid of. If I'm not mistaken carriers across Canada made $34 million in unlocking fees last year. When the FCC looked into it they decide it was unfair to the customer to have to pay to unlock a phone they own. I got my 7 Plus unlocked for free when I gave them the suggestion they unlock it for free in August or I wait till December and they have to do it for free by law.

I have bought my last 3 phones outright though from Apple or Samsung that way I no longer am tied to one carrier.
    11-13-2017 07:30 PM
    Who bought a Verizon Full priced? I have always bought att full price in the past and got the “Congratulations your iPhone is unlocked” message when I plugged into my Mac. I didn’t get it this time with the Verizon one. Does it not show up with Verizon since it’s already unlocked?
    11-24-2017 06:20 PM
    Verizon is supposed to be fully unlocked.
    11-25-2017 12:11 AM
    I had considered getting a Verizon iPhone X, but was concerend it would not just work on AT&T without me calling in or going to a store to get it on my account. My 7+ was an unlocked model and it was a non-issue, but carrier branded devices typically have their device id's in the database for easier connectivity and I personally do not see why I should pay AT&T or any carrier to add my phone when I paid full price without a contract.
    DEman19901 likes this.
    11-26-2017 09:47 AM