Took the plunge and got Apple Care

keysurfer64

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Yes, and you can get Apple Care from AT&T OR directly from Apple.
If from Apple, they will have you perform some steps to confirm your device hasn't got any water damage, then send you a link to pay for it...

Thank you, what is the monthly charge for Apple Care for the IPhone X?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, I didn't know that. Plus, I've asked many times to transfer my Apple Care from device A-to-B, and they never offered the pro-rated option. Well, at least I now know. Thanks...

You can remove Apple Care from any device you have bought it for no matter the reason. What’s the length, two years? I forgot. But if you buy it for a device in January 2018 and decide to remove it in July 2018, you get your prorated portion for the remaining 18 months refunded.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have both AppleCare+ and insurance through T-Mobile because AppleCare+ doesn't cover loss or theft. Yes, I'm paying twice, but at least I know I can get a replacement if I lose my device.

And AppleCare+ is totally worth it. I love knowing that if I damage the screen on my device, I can just walk into an Apple Store and they'll take care of me right away.

Why are you paying twice? My T-Mo insurance includes AppleCare+

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't think mine does. It's not listed as one of the things that's included. Maybe it's because I got my X at Best Buy and I'm paying for AppleCare+ through Best Buy.

Oh ok. The only reason I agreed to carrier insurance is because it includes AppleCare. I usually don't get it for phones b/c I rarely keep them long enough. Repairs are just so darn expensive on the X though. Wasn't gonna risk it.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Normally I never get Apple Care plus, but I just might spend the 200 and get it on my X. This one has a glass back and was a thousand dollar investment. Better to be safe, then sorry.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have both AppleCare+ and insurance through T-Mobile because AppleCare+ doesn't cover loss or theft. Yes, I'm paying twice, but at least I know I can get a replacement if I lose my device.

And AppleCare+ is totally worth it. I love knowing that if I damage the screen on my device, I can just walk into an Apple Store and they'll take care of me right away.

Not really. It’s only $12 a month for both. Unless they suckered you into the $15 a month one.

jayzero76

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
my buddy sold almost everything he had old apple watch and iphone 7. iphone 6... still not enough money so he borrowed money from his mom and had just enough for the iphone but not enough for apple care or a case. CRAZY

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
If you trade in every year, don’t forget you can get a refund of the (prorated) unused AppleCare. After one year I got $66 back last year.

Sugrat

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I usually do AppleCare but I took out the Verizon plan this time because a) crack screen replacement is the same cost as apple $29 (it was $49 with Verizon) and if I lose my $1000+ iPhone it’s only $199 for a refurbished unit, Apple doesn’t cover lost or stolen?

So I’m I missing something other then it’s a little more expensive, I’m paying $9 a month for the coverage.

I would like to hear your thoughts?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I usually do AppleCare but I took out the Verizon plan this time because a) crack screen replacement is the same cost as apple $29 (it was $49 with Verizon) and if I lose my $1000+ iPhone it’s only $199 for a refurbished unit, Apple doesn’t cover lost or stolen?

So I’m I missing something other then it’s a little more expensive, I’m paying $9 a month for the coverage.

I pay $12 a month with T-Mobile for their insurance but I get their regular insurance for loss and theft and they also add Apple Care+ as well. I did check my serial number on Apple site and after about 3 days they really did add it.

d624cd2bb94310310c86339baf4276a6.jpg

5618c7594b2923a0e5bbdf2cc8c73bff.jpg

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I also got AppleCare+, I think it’s pretty silly not to have something when the X has been dubbed the most breakable iPhone yet.

My son is getting AppleCare+ for his X, and my wife and daughter have carrier insurance for their 8 and 8+.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

If you crack your screen with Verizon, how is it handled? Apple will replace the screen on-site, is Verizon set up to do that or do they have to send it out? While it doesn't cover loss or theft, I like that with Apple Care I can take it to a local store and be taken care of.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I pay $12 a month with T-Mobile for their insurance but I get their regular insurance for loss and theft and they also add Apple Care+ as well. I did check my serial number on Apple site and after about 3 days they really did add it.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171114/d624cd2bb94310310c86339baf4276a6.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171114/5618c7594b2923a0e5bbdf2cc8c73bff.jpg

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to check to see if mine is active. I did the same plan on TMo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73