Took the plunge and got Apple Care

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I too took the Apple care plunge and have been since purchasing my first iPhone outright which was the 7 Plus. Before that, I’d only buy second hand iPhones that have AppleCare.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I too took the Apple care plunge and have been since purchasing my first iPhone outright which was the 7 Plus. Before that, I’d only buy second hand iPhones that didn’t have AppleCare.

If I were buying 2nd hand I'd get ones that had AppleCare (it's transferable in most cases). But that's just me :)

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Bought Apple Care on 11/11 for my 8+. I've owned iPhones in the past but always multi-hand buys. Good for the next two years. If I decide to upgrade sooner, helps resale.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I’ve never had AppleCare before. I used to have Verizon’s insurance but realized that’s a ripoff because the deductible alone is outrageous so I stopped buying it. They get you with the “it’s only $5.99/month”

PJD642

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Verizon is definitely a ripoff - $33/month for 3 phones! Cancelled that (stuff) immediately. Everyone on my plan has cases & screen protectors on their phones, and we've got a shop nearby that's fantastic when it comes to replacing broken screens, ports, etc. Cheaper in the long run to pay as needed for repairs, and have them done while-you-wait, than insurance and delays getting the phone fixed IMHO.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I have both AppleCare+ and insurance through T-Mobile because AppleCare+ doesn't cover loss or theft. Yes, I'm paying twice, but at least I know I can get a replacement if I lose my device.

And AppleCare+ is totally worth it. I love knowing that if I damage the screen on my device, I can just walk into an Apple Store and they'll take care of me right away.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If I were buying 2nd hand I'd get ones that had AppleCare (it's transferable in most cases). But that's just me :)
Always remember that you can buy a device that has Apple Care from someone and that person can easily turn around and remove it to get their pro-rated refund. There’s not really any “transfer” with Apple.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Always remember that you can buy a device that has Apple Care from someone and that person can easily turn around and remove it to get their pro-rated refund. There’s not really any “transfer” with Apple.
I sold several iPhone with AppleCare and never asked for a refund. My word worth more than a few dollars

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW