Hmm, I didn't know that. Plus, I've asked many times to transfer my Apple Care from device A-to-B, and they never offered the pro-rated option. Well, at least I now know. Thanks...
    You can remove Apple Care from any device you have bought it for no matter the reason. What’s the length, two years? I forgot. But if you buy it for a device in January 2018 and decide to remove it in July 2018, you get your prorated portion for the remaining 18 months refunded.
    11-12-2017 04:35 PM
    Never purchased Apple Care via AT&T. Albeit, I was offered it a few weeks ago, when I purchased an iPhone 8 Plus. I declined...(I knew I was also buying the iPhone X, and wanted it for that device. The 8 Plus, is merely a backup of sorts).

Thank you, what is the monthly charge for Apple Care for the IPhone X?
    keysurfer64 likes this.
    11-12-2017 04:38 PM
    I have both AppleCare+ and insurance through T-Mobile because AppleCare+ doesn't cover loss or theft. Yes, I'm paying twice, but at least I know I can get a replacement if I lose my device.

And AppleCare+ is totally worth it. I love knowing that if I damage the screen on my device, I can just walk into an Apple Store and they'll take care of me right away.
    Why are you paying twice? My T-Mo insurance includes AppleCare+
    11-12-2017 04:50 PM
    Thank you, what is the monthly charge for Apple Care for the IPhone X?
    No monthly charge...it’s 199 outright
    11-12-2017 05:07 PM
    Always remember that you can buy a device that has Apple Care from someone and that person can easily turn around and remove it to get their pro-rated refund. There’s not really any “transfer” with Apple.
    Here's the help link from Apple on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202712
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    11-12-2017 05:14 PM
    Why are you paying twice? My T-Mo insurance includes AppleCare+
    I don't think mine does. It's not listed as one of the things that's included. Maybe it's because I got my X at Best Buy and I'm paying for AppleCare+ through Best Buy.
    No monthly charge...it’s 199 outright
    Best Buy charges monthly, I think it was $9.99/mo for the X
    I don't think mine does. It's not listed as one of the things that's included. Maybe it's because I got my X at Best Buy and I'm paying for AppleCare+ through Best Buy.
    Oh ok. The only reason I agreed to carrier insurance is because it includes AppleCare. I usually don't get it for phones b/c I rarely keep them long enough. Repairs are just so darn expensive on the X though. Wasn't gonna risk it.
    11-12-2017 05:26 PM
    Normally I never get Apple Care plus, but I just might spend the 200 and get it on my X. This one has a glass back and was a thousand dollar investment. Better to be safe, then sorry.
    11-12-2017 07:46 PM
    AppleCare comes included with TMo's insurance and includes lost or stolen, so I just went that route.
    Me too.
    msm0511 likes this.
    11-12-2017 08:08 PM
    I have both AppleCare+ and insurance through T-Mobile because AppleCare+ doesn't cover loss or theft. Yes, I'm paying twice, but at least I know I can get a replacement if I lose my device.

And AppleCare+ is totally worth it. I love knowing that if I damage the screen on my device, I can just walk into an Apple Store and they'll take care of me right away.
    Not really. It’s only $12 a month for both. Unless they suckered you into the $15 a month one.
    11-12-2017 08:11 PM
    my buddy sold almost everything he had old apple watch and iphone 7. iphone 6... still not enough money so he borrowed money from his mom and had just enough for the iphone but not enough for apple care or a case. CRAZY
    11-12-2017 08:47 PM
    If you trade in every year, don’t forget you can get a refund of the (prorated) unused AppleCare. After one year I got $66 back last year.
    11-13-2017 11:18 PM
    I usually do AppleCare but I took out the Verizon plan this time because a) crack screen replacement is the same cost as apple $29 (it was $49 with Verizon) and if I lose my $1000+ iPhone it’s only $199 for a refurbished unit, Apple doesn’t cover lost or stolen?

So I’m I missing something other then it’s a little more expensive, I’m paying $9 a month for the coverage.

I would like to hear your thoughts?
    11-14-2017 02:01 AM
    Apple Care is convenient...you can go into any Apple Store and get things dealt with right away. Not so with Verizon.
    11-14-2017 02:11 AM
    I usually do AppleCare but I took out the Verizon plan this time because a) crack screen replacement is the same cost as apple $29 (it was $49 with Verizon) and if I lose my $1000+ iPhone it’s only $199 for a refurbished unit, Apple doesn’t cover lost or stolen?

So I’m I missing something other then it’s a little more expensive, I’m paying $9 a month for the coverage.

I pay $12 a month with T-Mobile for their insurance but I get their regular insurance for loss and theft and they also add Apple Care+ as well. I did check my serial number on Apple site and after about 3 days they really did add it.

11-14-2017 02:16 AM
    I also got AppleCare+, I think it’s pretty silly not to have something when the X has been dubbed the most breakable iPhone yet.

My son is getting AppleCare+ for his X, and my wife and daughter have carrier insurance for their 8 and 8+.
    11-14-2017 06:18 AM

If you crack your screen with Verizon, how is it handled? Apple will replace the screen on-site, is Verizon set up to do that or do they have to send it out? While it doesn't cover loss or theft, I like that with Apple Care I can take it to a local store and be taken care of.
    11-14-2017 07:10 AM
    I pay $12 a month with T-Mobile for their insurance but I get their regular insurance for loss and theft and they also add Apple Care+ as well. I did check my serial number on Apple site and after about 3 days they really did add it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9baf4276a6.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2cc8c73bff.jpg
    Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to check to see if mine is active. I did the same plan on TMo.
    11-14-2017 07:52 AM
    If you crack your screen with Verizon, how is it handled? Apple will replace the screen on-site, is Verizon set up to do that or do they have to send it out? While it doesn't cover loss or theft, I like that with Apple Care I can take it to a local store and be taken care of.
    According to their website, screen’s are replaced the same day depending on your location by approved tech. To be honest I hope I don’t have to test that process!!
    11-14-2017 09:52 AM
    According to their website, screen’s are replaced the same day depending on your location by approved tech. To be honest I hope I don’t have to test that process!!
    That doesn’t sound too promising.
    11-14-2017 01:29 PM
    Hmm, I didn't know that. Plus, I've asked many times to transfer my Apple Care from device A-to-B, and they never offered the pro-rated option. Well, at least I now know. Thanks...
    Since when was AppleCare+ transferrable between two devices that aren't the same model? I always get a prorated refund because they aren't able to transfer AppleCare+ between devices. In fact, I make sure I ask if it can be transferred prior to requesting a refund just in case policies have changed. When I got my X I purchased AppleCare+ and requested they transfer the remaining balance from my 7 Plus to the X and they stated they couldnt.
    11-14-2017 01:39 PM
    Since when was AppleCare+ transferrable between two devices that aren't the same model? I always get a prorated refund because they aren't able to transfer AppleCare+ between devices. In fact, I make sure I ask if it can be transferred prior to requesting a refund just in case policies have changed. When I got my X I purchased AppleCare+ and requested they transfer the remaining balance from my 7 Plus to the X and they stated they couldnt.

If it’s within 30 days of each purchase. But you cannot transfer it after you’ve had it a year, they will give you the prorated refund, which is what I did yesterday.
    11-14-2017 01:59 PM
    If it’s within 30 days of each purchase. But you cannot transfer it after you’ve had it a year, they will give you the prorated refund, which is what I did yesterday.
    60 days
    11-14-2017 02:26 PM
    You have 60 days to purchase AppleCare+ for a device, to transfer the AppleCare+ it’s 30 days.

“Transfer your AppleCare plan
    If you sell or give away your Apple device, you can also transfer the ownership of your AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+ in regions that allow it. You can also transfer your AppleCare coverage plan between your own devices that are the same type of product and within 30 days of your original device purchase.”
    11-14-2017 02:41 PM
69 123