Face ID slowed down?

syc79

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I got the IPhone X last Friday. Face ID had been very fast, unlocking almost instantly. Today however I noticed it is not so anymore. The whole day, each time I unlock, that little unlock screen comes out delaying it about 1 sec or less. I tried rescanning my face several times, resetting the phone, but same results. Anyone else have this problem?

syc79

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
the thing is it used to be instant. For about a whole week it was like that, where I almost never had to see that little unlock screen thing. Now it does it each time. I would think it would be slow at first due to learning, then speed up, but its been opposite for me.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
the thing is it used to be instant. For about a whole week it was like that, where I almost never had to see that little unlock screen thing. Now it does it each time. I would think it would be slow at first due to learning, then speed up, but its been opposite for me.

Did it by any chance coincide with you downloading the 11.1.1 update?

syc79

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
it's possible? I dl and installed 11.1.1 last night.... wondering if anyone else has the same experience of it not being as fast as before...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Did you happen to enable the toggle next to “Require attention for FaceID” in the FaceID & Passcode settings?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
it's possible? I dl and installed 11.1.1 last night.... wondering if anyone else has the same experience of it not being as fast as before...
I haven't noticed mine slowing down. I'm on 11.1.1 as well. I thought maybe something happened during the update to make it go wonky. You could try a restore and set up as new to see if that gets it back up to speed. I know that's a pain though.

syc79

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
yea attention is on. I didn't change anything except for the 11.1.1 update. It was working instantly for the whole week since I got it. Ill keep testing in different conditions and when I get home. hopefully it's just a blip and will get back to normal later...

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
yea attention is on. I didn't change anything except for the 11.1.1 update. It was working instantly for the whole week since I got it. Ill keep testing in different conditions and when I get home. hopefully it's just a blip and will get back to normal later...

I noticed that mine slowed down a little too. Personally, I think it’s due to being more casual about unlocking it. The first several days I was consciously looking right at the screen while swiping. Now that the novelty has worn off I’m not being as careful.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Happens to me too, OP. But not always. It was blazing fast the first five or so days, but then it slowed down after that, to taking an extra instant to unlock. But it comes and goes as I'm using the phone. I'm not sure what happened. I would think that machine learning would make it faster over time.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

are you waiting for the lock to unlock? I just pick the phone up and swipe up, with the unlock and swipe happening simultaneously.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Maybe it’s just you.
You are getting accustomed to Face ID, and now you’re under the impression it is slower, but it’s just you that are “faster”.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been using mine since launch day and haven’t had any face recognition issues. Even works in low light which really surprised me.

syc79

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
I have been using mine since launch day and haven’t had any face recognition issues. Even works in low light which really surprised me.

Mine works fine too, I never had issues with it working. I just thought it seems to have slowed down since when I first got it. I duno it sorta seems back to normal speed now... or it must have been I was just swiping up faster then I used to or something... not sure but I'm using it normally now and it seems ok

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro