Best glass screen protector?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
That is good alignment, and certainly easy to have them do it (if you have a local store), but its really not that hard to do yourself for a fraction of the cost (I paid less than 10% of the Apple/Belkin cost for two phones, I have 3 extras in case I mess up the install, or it ever breaks, and a lifetime warranty.)

I'm not saying the Apple store option isn't a good one, but with a little patience, you can have similar results for a lot less money. The real deciding factor for me is I don't have time to make the 3 hour round trip drive to the Apple store.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That is good alignment, and certainly easy to have them do it (if you have a local store), but its really not that hard to do yourself for a fraction of the cost (I paid less than 10% of the Apple/Belkin cost for two phones, I have 3 extras in case I mess up the install, or it ever breaks, and a lifetime warranty.)

I'm not saying the Apple store option isn't a good one, but with a little patience, you can have similar results for a lot less money. The real deciding factor for me is I don't have time to make the 3 hour round trip drive to the Apple store.

This is what I’ve found from using the cheaper ones the fraction of the cost. The oleophobic coating doesn’t last long. I’ve learned you get what you pay for. Tired of trying the cheap ones.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
This is what I’ve found from using the cheaper ones the fraction of the cost. The oleophobic coating doesn’t last long. I’ve learned you get what you pay for. Tired of trying the cheap ones.

Maybe I switch devices too quickly and never see that happen. Will see how it goes on the X, I plan to keep this one much longer. Generally I agree with "get what you pay for", but I don't think any protector is worth 10x what I paid for the ones I have. Though in the grand scheme of a $1250 phone, what's $40, so I can see your point as well.

It's good to have options, and it seems a lot (but definitely not all) of them have been covered in this thread.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

I’ve found that the cheaper ones tend to lose their oleophobic coating rather quickly and they’re not as rigid. I’ve had several cheaper protectors chip on the edge without any impact within a month. I’ve never had this issue with Belkin, MIME, Verizon branded or Zach Glass. That’s why I generally go for the higher end glass and it servers me well.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’ve found that the cheaper ones tend to lose their oleophobic coating rather quickly and they’re not as rigid. I’ve had several cheaper protectors chip on the edge without any impact within a month. I’ve never had this issue with Belkin, MIME, Verizon branded or Zach Glass. That’s why I generally go for the higher end glass and it servers me well.
I agree. I've noticed that same thing. You really get what you pay for.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I just love how my new iPhone X replacement seems to have forgotten I had Zagg saved into autocorrect yet it changed to Zach Glass.

I think Zaggs are trash too. The coating always wears off fast too. I have one on my 10.5 iPad and the coating is pretty much all gone.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Update on my Belkin from Apple. After 3 weeks, it still looks and feels brand new. By this point with a Spigen, it wouldn’t feel so smooth anymore as the coating would start wearing off and it get greasy super easy. This Belkin is worth every dollar. It’s the best tempered glass I’ve ever used by far. Way better than Zagg too.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Update on my Belkin from Apple. After 3 weeks, it still looks and feels brand new. By this point with a Spigen, it wouldn’t feel so smooth anymore as the coating would start wearing off and it get greasy super easy. This Belkin is worth every dollar. It’s the best tempered glass I’ve ever used by far. Way better than Zagg too.

Quiet you! I’m still waiting for Belkin to ship me a replacement...

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Is it edge to edge or does it only go up to where the screen curves & does it also have a notch cutout?

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I got my Belkin replacement but of course it isn’t the one that works in the Belkin applicator. It comes with a tray which is well designed and it’s already pre-hinged for easy application. However, I went to the Apple Store and they took the Belkin I received and did an exchange so they could use the machine so I’m happy.

Funny enough though it wasn’t an easy task to install. I have never heard of this before but it took 4 applications to go on properly. The first one was lifting on the top left corner, second bottom right, third both top corners and bottom right. Finally got the fourth to stick properly which is weird because the installer did a perfect job each time.

Very odd, but it’s on now and fees great. Those cheap protectors don’t have the same feel or proper coating prints.

Also, ordered some Woosh spray to clean my device as I don’t want to use alcohol pads as they wear away the coating. Apple uses and recommends this spray so it’ll be good to clean my phone.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
FYI: This Whoosh spray Apple recommended to me is awesome stuff. It is supposed to help keep fingerprints and dust to a minimum which along with Belkin glass coating is working great. It’s almost $20 for a 16.9oz bottle with cleaning clothes but it’s worth it.

Kowalik

Mar 29, 2018
Visit site
I have a glass cover installed, it is rinsed out.
It has saved my display many times.
Similarly, it helps when it comes to Rocket League and items you can get. I recommend it to all Rocket League players

I used this glass protection because during the game often the iPhone fell out of my hand. I definitely prefer to play RL on Xbox or at least on Nintendo Switch ..
This is especially useful when you have to hold some items, you do not have a free hand and you can drop something.
Fortunately, that Rocket League Items can be bought and are really cheap, it is also another type of player who prefers to buy crates, because this crates are the basis of the Rocket League.
You can buy Heatwave on Xbox, or Rocket League Crates Xbox, it's a pretty well stocked RL shop.
On the Deitems site you will find information on:
-Accelerator Crate - One of most popular crates, available for sell
-Velocity Crate - You can buy Rocket League items here
-Victory Crate - With cheap rocket league items for sell
-Triumph Crate Buy new crates
-Impact Crate, new Fire God Black market decal
-Haunted Hallows Crate, buy champions Crate 4
-Secret Santa Crate, Rocket League crates
-Spring Fever Crate, Rocket League news
-Beach Blast Crate Most Expensive Rocket League items
-Champion Crate 1 Rocket League items
-Champion Crate 2 Exotic Wheels
-Champion Crate 3 Black Market Decals
-Champion Crate 4 with Titanium White Zomba
There is an item in the middle of each crate, it's worth looking at this page to consider how many Rocket League items are in crates and maybe it's worth buying Rocket League items for yourself and your friends, it's certainly noble.
Rocket League Items
Rocket League items

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73