Best glass screen protector?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No, it's been installed.
I just replaced it yesterday with a new one as I had a tiny fiber under the glass that was killing me. Bodyguardz sent me a new replacement for $5.99

Here's a picture of the first one that's been on well over a month that I just replaced. Love this protector and I've tried them all except the Apple installed Belkin.

View attachment 122473
View attachment 122474
Ok. When you can post one with the screen on. With a white background. That to me says a lot about a screen protector. How well it lines up and all.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is the best I can get with this cheap point and shoot camera I have over here.

View attachment 122476View attachment 122477

It looks good. My only complaint I had with Spigen was it would lose its oleophobic coating too fast and it would start feeling rough as you were swiping. I’ve noticed the same with Zagg on my iPad. So far I’m loving this Belkin. It’s pricey but if it maintains its coating, I’ll be very happy. I always seem to get a couple of specks of dust under when I do it. When Apple installs it, it’s perfect. Aligned perfect and dust free.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Those things are pricey!

I had a code from Bodyguardz for $19.95 so it was not that bad. IMO it's still worth the $44.95 retail price though. If you mess up the install or have a problem Bodyguardz will send you another one for $5.95.

The iCarez 2.5 with installation tray for $10.95 is pretty close and you get two pieces of glass for that price. Here's pic of them side by side. iCarez on the left, Bodyguardz on the right. Both super fine screen protectors.

IMG_0202.jpgIMG_0206.jpg

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
No, it's been installed.
I just replaced it yesterday with a new one as I had a tiny fiber under the glass that was killing me. Bodyguardz sent me a new replacement for $5.99

I hate that too! And I always seem to get 1 little speck in mine no matter HOW hard I try! I could probably go in to a hermetically sealed room and STILL find a way to get a speck in there!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I hate that too! And I always seem to get 1 little speck in mine no matter HOW hard I try! I could probably go in to a hermetically sealed room and STILL find a way to get a speck in there!

Have you tried the steamy bathroom trick? I typically get good results from that.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I had a code from Bodyguardz for $19.95 so it was not that bad. IMO it's still worth the $44.95 retail price though. If you mess up the install or have a problem Bodyguardz will send you another one for $5.95.
I'm a little gun shy about paying that much. I guess because my Sonix one was 45 bucks and my screen still broke when I dropped my phone. My fault I know, but still.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

That’s why I now let apple do mine. Perfectly straight with absolutely no lint.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Wonder if some 3" wide painters tape would be a good full screen dust remover like they use in the Apple store Belkin install?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Wonder if some 3" wide painters tape would be a good full screen dust remover like they use in the Apple store Belkin install?

It would work as long it doesn’t leave residue on your screen. If I could be buy those sheets of dust removing tape that Apple uses from belkin, I would.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Some installation kits that come with the screen protectors have sticky paper to be used for that purpose. :) I like Leo's suggestion, just let Apple do it!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Some installation kits that come with the screen protectors have sticky paper to be used for that purpose. :) I like Leo's suggestion, just let Apple do it!

They do but most times it’s just a small piece. So you have to dab at the screen and as you remove some lint, others fall. The one apple uses is like a shield that covers the entire screen. So as soon as they remove the shield, they can just drop the phone into the machine. There is literally only a half of a second for lint to get on the screen which is highly unlikely.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
The icarez protector is my favorite so far and has held up really well. The oleophobic coating is great. I don't even realize I have a protector on since it's edge to edge which I love. I hated seeing the notch area of the protector.

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
It would work as long it doesn’t leave residue on your screen. If I could be buy those sheets of dust removing tape that Apple uses from belkin, I would.

You know those lint rollers you use on your clothes? I used a sheet from those to remove lint and dust before I apply the screen protectors. I usually get little stickers with the protectors, but I use one sheet from the lint roller since it covers the whole screen and is handy to do at once. I just apply, run and remove only when I'm ready to apply the screen protector. Just a friendly tip, hope it's useful

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You know those lint rollers you use on your clothes? I used a sheet from those to remove lint and dust before I apply the screen protectors. I usually get little stickers with the protectors, but I use one sheet from the lint roller since it covers the whole screen and is handy to do at once. I just apply, run and remove only when I'm ready to apply the screen protector. Just a friendly tip, hope it's useful

Actually that is not a bad idea.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you rub over the whole screen generously so the sheet can pick up all dust and lint particles.

I’ll be honest. Now that I now how perfectly aligned Apple does their screen protectors with the machine, I’ll likely just go that route. I just love the perfection they do. It’s so straight and I’ve never used a tempered glass that does so well against repelling fingerprints and smudges.
002c03396a8c500ae2b59877b64604ac.jpg