Best glass screen protector?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I thought the Belkin covered the top camera area or is that the change they made to make the new ones work?

No. Neither ones did. It had nothing to do with the first ones not working. The recalled the first one because most of them were cracking without even dropping the phone.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
No. Neither ones did. It had nothing to do with the first ones not working. The recalled the first one because most of them were cracking without even dropping the phone.

Makes sense. I looked back through the thread and it was the Bodyguardz protector that I was thinking about, not Belkin.

I still will vouch for the Mr. Shield protectors. $6.99 for 5 (were $5.99 when I bought them). Have put them on 4 phones now, never any dust/lint or bubbles, and they all stick well, and cover just enough of the screen. They do include screen sized cleaner stickers, alcohol wipes, cloth, and dust remover strips (I actually use them as hinges for when I lay the screens down). If you have one crack just email them with your order number and they send you another pack of 5 no questions asked. Great service. I have used them on a lot of devices, and have only ever had an issue with the fitment on 1 (original Pixel), which they refunded my purchase for.

I am tempted to try one of the full screen coverage options though. The cutout around the notch doesn't bother me, but the full screen protectors make it look a lot smoother.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Cool! I have one on my Note 8, plus had one on my S8. LOVE their products, AND the best part is they include a special piece that insures a perfect placement!

I always had the worse luck with screen protectors for my s8 plus. They only adhered on the edges causing for air gap in the middle so I just never end used anything. So is this one different?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
How is the touch sensitivity of your Note 8 with it?

It's fine, no issues noticed.

I always had the worse luck with screen protectors for my s8 plus. They only adhered on the edges causing for air gap in the middle so I just never end used anything. So is this one different?

This one does only adhere to the edges, BUT they claim it's "Double Strong" The one on my S8 stayed on for the several month that I had the phone and I BELIEVE it's still on for the 2nd owner. The Note 8 one has been rock solid. Now check this out, the Note 8 one cracked on me and the company gladly replaced it for me! And I definitely caused the crack! lol

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It's fine, no issues noticed.

This one does only adhere to the edges, BUT they claim it's "Double Strong" The one on my S8 stayed on for the several month that I had the phone and I BELIEVE it's still on for the 2nd owner. The Note 8 one has been rock solid. Now check this out, the Note 8 one cracked on me and the company gladly replaced it for me! And I definitely caused the crack! lol

I just read the reviews on amazon. Seems the same as all the others. Dust gets under, they fall off, touch sensitivity. Probably way I just don’t use any screen protectors. And after 10 months, I don’t have any scratches

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I just read the reviews on amazon. Seems the same as all the others. Dust gets under, they fall off, touch sensitivity. Probably way I just don’t use any screen protectors. And after 10 months, I don’t have any scratches

I've also heard good things about a screen protector called the White Dome, BUT it's much more expensive. I believe it adheres to the entire screen though.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
c5e527db93bcb8ef44b6f600aa8710d8.jpg

Got it today. Casetify Impact, lets see how I like it.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
So assuming it's not even installed then?

No, it's been installed.
I just replaced it yesterday with a new one as I had a tiny fiber under the glass that was killing me. Bodyguardz sent me a new replacement for $5.99

Here's a picture of the first one that's been on well over a month that I just replaced. Love this protector and I've tried them all except the Apple installed Belkin.

bg03.jpg
bg01.jpg