Best glass screen protector?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I wanted to update my experience with Belkin Glass. Many have said they had theirs crack for no reason within days but I have had my Belkin Glass from the Apple Store on November 29th and it’s still scratch free with no damage to speak of. Maybe some earlier Glass was defective?

I also went a year with Belkin Glass on an iPhone 7 with not even a scratch appearing.

There had to be something wrong overall if Apple decides to yank them from all stored in mid December. 2 months later nothing has replaced them in Apple. Rumor has it that Belkin was redoing them and would hit Apple stores again possible by late February.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
There had to be something wrong overall if Apple decides to yank them from all stored in mid December. 2 months later nothing has replaced them in Apple. Rumor has it that Belkin was redoing them and would hit Apple stores again possible by late February.

They pulled them? Wow, I didn’t know. At least mines going strong still, lol. If mine ever does crack it may give me some recourse to get it replaced free. But so far so good

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
They pulled them? Wow, I didn’t know. At least mines going strong still, lol.

Yup. You won’t find them in store or online at Apple.com. They now only offer the Belkin anti glare. But expect a revision of that screen protector in the near future. Suppose to be much more sturdy.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Yup. You won’t find them in store or online at Apple.com. They now only offer the Belkin anti glare. But expect a revision of that screen protector in the near future. Suppose to be much more sturdy.

The Apple Store at Avalon in Atlanta had the Belkin ones a couple weeks ago when I was there. Could've just been the box as a place holder though. I didn't ask about them.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The Apple Store at Avalon in Atlanta had the Belkin ones a couple weeks ago when I was there. Could've just been the box as a place holder though. I didn't ask about them.

They have belkin anti glare. Maybe the new glass has arrived. Last time I was there, not yet. And their site is still not offering belkin glass since it was pulled in mid December.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
They have belkin anti glare. Maybe the new glass has arrived. Last time I was there, not yet. And their site is still not offering belkin glass since it was pulled in mid December.

I’m not 100% sure to be honest. I didn’t pay too much attention. I just saw Belkin and thought the new glass might be available now.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

I think I read stores will get their stock in January while the online store would get it in February. But this was written back in December so it could have changed.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think I read stores will get their stock in January while the online store would get it in February. But this was written back in December so it could have changed.

Stores and online now have the Belkin glass back in stock. Not sure what has changed but I’m sure it’s new and improved.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The easiest to install and stays on is the best in my opinion no longer pay high prices for glass screen protectors I pick mine up from amazon cheapest prices out there. I picked up a three pack with install guide worked great paid less than 8 dollars can’t go wrong.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Bodyguardz Pure Edge 2 and it's perfect. The iCarez 2.5 is just as good at a fraction of the price. Here's a picture of them side by side.

Bodyguardz on the right iCarez on the left.

IMG_0202.jpgIMG_0206.jpg

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I have to head to Apple soon and see if I can replace my protector now. Maybe even call Belkin ahead of time. It didn’t crack but all of a sudden there’s an air pocket mere centimeters from the clock on the top left. I’m not sure how that formed with the phone sitting on a stand but now I have to deal with it.

Edit: I contacted Belkin and they told me to call back on the 23rd because they’ll have the new stock for warranty exchanges. Apparently they redesigned the protector not only for the cracking but others have also complained about it randomly forming air pockets on the corner(s).

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I’ve attached a picture of what’s happening to mine. Even though they say I’m not the first I still don’t get why it happened. Maybe humid temperatures because all of the snow melting and tons of rain on two straight 60 degree days? I don’t know but this is the first few warm days since I got the thing installed.

f0b87484ab752e0423391a634ecf49ab.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Nice to know in case I need a new one ever.

I decided to go to Apple today and get the new Belkin. They did confirm they had to pull the other ones before Xmas and just got these in. I let them install and it’s perfectly straight with no lint under. The quality on this seems much better.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I decided to go to Apple today and get the new Belkin. They did confirm they had to pull the other ones before Xmas and just got these in. I let them install and it’s perfectly straight with no lint under. The quality on this seems much better.

I’ll be going once Belkin send me a replacement so Apple can install it. If they install it with lint underneath I’m just going to ask for them to replace it with another one which I’m sure they may fight but I’ll have my way. But to be fair the two protectors Apple installed both were lint free so I’m not too worried. Even so, my current protector had no lint at all under it but as I posted above it lifted after 3 months of use for no reason at all.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’ll be going once Belkin send me a replacement so Apple can install it. If they install it with lint underneath I’m just going to ask for them to replace it with another one which I’m sure they may fight but I’ll have my way. But to be fair the two protectors Apple installed both were lint free so I’m not too worried. Even so, my current protector had no lint at all under it but as I posted above it lifted after 3 months of use for no reason at all.

Any time I have done my own, I always end up with a couple of specs of dust or a small piece of lint underneath. So I like how they used a piece of lint tape that covered the entire screen, not tiny lint tape, to get off any excess lint off then they drop the phone right into the machine so there is literally a half of a second that the screen is exposed keeping it lint free.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Any time I have done my own, I always end up with a couple of specs of dust or a small piece of lint underneath. So I like how they used a piece of lint tape that covered the entire screen, not tiny lint tape, to get off any excess lint off then they drop the phone right into the machine so there is literally a half of a second that the screen is exposed keeping it lint free.

No doubt, it’s so quick and painless. You can look closely under bright lights to see the quality before you leave too. It’s one reason I use Belkin Glass - I find these trays you get with others aren’t perfect anyways. Even perfect alignment in the tray I can see air pockets which is odd.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No doubt, it’s so quick and painless. You can look closely under bright lights to see the quality before you leave too. It’s one reason I use Belkin Glass - I find these trays you get with others aren’t perfect anyways. Even perfect alignment in the tray I can see air pockets which is odd.

This Apple store is at an outdoor mall so I stepped outside right after and looked at the screen under the sun. You can easily see the dust or lint if there is any. And mine was perfect. Very happy.