Best glass screen protector?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone tried the whitestone dome protector? I have heard great reviews on it in the past but have not heard anything about it in relation to the iphone x. Iam considering that or maybe a bodyguardz pure 2? Had bodyguards before and it were good although i didnt feel it was worth its price tag which is like 45 euro here (which is around 60 dollars)

Has anyone used either of the two i mention and if so, hows the fit and how does it deal with finger prints?

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
If you get the belkin installed at apple, they will replace it free of charge if it breaks!

I was told by my local store that Belkin will replace it and not them. But with all the issues Belkin may have made a deal there since I believe their bulk protectors are the only ones with the template for the machine.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Anyone having issues with dust gathering between the protector and your case? I have a cheap protector on mine and its doing the job but does not look great so iam thinking of buying a whitestone dome protector as apparently they are the best if you can apply it properly! However, theres a very small gap between the protector and the edge of the case and it is gathering dust and its gonna bug me if the same thing happens with new protector. Anyone else having any issues like this ?

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with dust gathering between the protector and your case?

I picked up Skinomi’s tempered glass from Amazon. They fit well and no adhesive problems, but like you've noticed, I keep seeing dust right along the edge of the protector. It's highly annoying to me

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I picked up Skinomi’s tempered glass from Amazon. They fit well and no adhesive problems, but like you've noticed, I keep seeing dust right along the edge of the protector. It's highly annoying to me

Yeah man its putting me off buying the whitestone because its rather expensive for a screen protector and i will just end up taking it off if dust starts gathering around the edges!

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah man its putting me off buying the whitestone because its rather expensive for a screen protector and i will just end up taking it off if dust starts gathering around the edges!

Dome glass is supposedly completely edge-to-edge, not just to the edge of the display. Maybe that would make a difference?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Dome glass is supposedly completely edge-to-edge, not just to the edge of the display. Maybe that would make a difference?

I do believe its advertised as edge to edge but there is still a slight gap i think! Wish someone here used one so could share their thoughts but i dont think anyone here has the whitestone dome :(

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Anyone having issues with dust gathering between the protector and your case? I have a cheap protector on mine and its doing the job but does not look great so iam thinking of buying a whitestone dome protector as apparently they are the best if you can apply it properly! However, theres a very small gap between the protector and the edge of the case and it is gathering dust and its gonna bug me if the same thing happens with new protector. Anyone else having any issues like this ?

It happens because the edge of the case traps dust. An edge to edge may do the trick but it would likely still gather if there’s even the smallest gap.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
It happens because the edge of the case traps dust. An edge to edge may do the trick but it would likely still gather if there’s even the smallest gap.

Yeah i think its probably inevitable! Even without a case its probably gonna gather dust actually but just not as much!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I always use Mr. Shield on any device they are available for. They have a good warranty, and they are inexpensive. I bought a 5 pack for my wife's phone for $5.99. Install easy, and cover every part of the screen (obviously not the full glass, as they are flat protectors).

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
My whitestone dome came today. So nervous about messing up the install as this cost be almost 50 bucks lol

EDIT : Bloody UV lamp does not work. Its broke :( So frustrating as i cannot install now. Contacted mobile fun who i bought from however and thankfully they have sent out another to me - no questions asked which was great!

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
EDIT : Bloody UV lamp does not work. Its broke :( So frustrating as i cannot install now. Contacted mobile fun who i bought from however and thankfully they have sent out another to me - no questions asked which was great!

Glad they’re making it right. Please post pics once you have the install complete.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Glad they’re making it right. Please post pics once you have the install complete.

Turns out i was able to fix the lamp lol I opened it up and managed to get it working. Install is complete and it looks amazing. Its almost not even visible on the screen! How it hold up, only time will tell but it looks great. I had a cheap screen protector on it up until now and the difference is staggering! This looks so much better! Cant upload pics sadly as my webcam quality is not good enough to actually show the protector! It just looks like the phone has nothing on it ha

The install was easier then i was expecting although the process was a little nerve wrecking ha Very happy with the end result as of now anyway. Looks great and not a bubble in sight! If it hold up well to finger prints then it was 50 bucks well spent in my opinion

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to update my experience with Belkin Glass. Many have said they had theirs crack for no reason within days but I have had my Belkin Glass from the Apple Store on November 29th and it’s still scratch free with no damage to speak of. Maybe some earlier Glass was defective?

I also went a year with Belkin Glass on an iPhone 7 with not even a scratch appearing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh