Best glass screen protector?

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
The best screen protector for me is apple care. I live by three easily accessible Apple stores and it is $29 to replace a screen. $35 + for a screen protector.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
The best screen protector for me is apple care. I live by three easily accessible Apple stores and it is $29 to replace a screen. $35 + for a screen protector.

I don’t think you have the X. Because I think it’s a lot more to replace the screen. That’s probably why it’s $200 for AppleCare.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I don’t think you have the X. Because I think it’s a lot more to replace the screen. That’s probably why it’s $200 for AppleCare.

I just researched it and Apple Care covers screen damage for $29 and $99 for any other damage. But you obviously need Apple Care or it’s a lot more. But while I agree Apple Care is great, I don’t use protectors in case I drop it because I’ve never dropped a phone. I do it to protect from those annoying scratches.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the help. Verizon shipped my iPhone X today and it’ll be here tomorrow and I did one day shipping on the glass so I’ll have it all set up after work tomorrow!

I resisted an X for so long. Verizon is paying off my 7 for another year but I have that up to get an X. This weekend has been expensive... Sony Bravia X900E, Sonos Playbar and iPhone X. Haha. Saving money... yep

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

00ba942b2e5d74c105d4c0c89c19b735.jpg

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I found and purchased this combination of case and glass screen protector on Best Buy’s site for $27.99 US total. I’ve had the screen protector on since day one of my ‘X’ ownership & I like it, the case that it comes with was/is just a bonus
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=ht...%2F6110343.p%3FskuId%3D6110343&token=S_BeqCmi

Glad you saved some money. At Best Buy the Speck case was $40 and the Zagg screen protector was $40 also. At least they put it on. Took a little time but at least it’s on.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Glad you saved some money. At Best Buy the Speck case was $40 and the Zagg screen protector was $40 also. At least they put it on. Took a little time but at least it’s on.

Yeah, I was surprised to see a case/glass screen protector combo @ the price it’s at. You’re right, normally they run for what yours cost you - I’m guessing that this company is a smaller/new manufacturer looking to get a foothold in the market.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
I’m going to get the Belkin from Apple Store but I’ve read reviews saying they crack for no reason. Does anyone have any experience with these on their X? I have been using Belkin on my iPhone 7 for a year with not even a scratch while others claim they crack so I’m just a bit curious.

I got the Belkin installed on my X at Apple on the 17th. I noticed a crack and upon looking closer discovered 3 cracks spanning up, across and down from about the middle of the left edge. This was 3 days after the install.

Two things - it looks like something punctured the left edge. I also noticed that the screen protector was not exactly straight on the screen. The left edge was too far left and the right edge was not far right enough. The right edge was showing the rainbow effect at certain angles.

So, I was very disappointed with my $39 investment. Usually, I purchase the $8, 2-pack. Lesson learned, I will stick with the 2-pack.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I got the Belkin installed on my X at Apple on the 17th. I noticed a crack and upon looking closer discovered 3 cracks spanning up, across and down from about the middle of the left edge. This was 3 days after the install.

Two things - it looks like something punctured the left edge. I also noticed that the screen protector was not exactly straight on the screen. The left edge was too far left and the right edge was not far right enough. The right edge was showing the rainbow effect at certain angles.

So, I was very disappointed with my $39 investment. Usually, I purchase the $8, 2-pack. Lesson learned, I will stick with the 2-pack.

I’m actually surprised because I’ve used Belkin on my iPhone 7 since December 1st of last year and it’s still going strong. Not even a scratch on it so I’m disappointed the X version is such a nightmare.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I’ll see how it goes but I have been using Belkin Ultra Glass because the Amazon protectors with the template went on evenly but kept the air pockets. I had it installed on Wednesday and so far it’s holding up great like it did with my iPhone 7.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Anyone using the Zagg glass+ contour protector? I ordered one but cannot find much info / reviews on it online! Its edge to edge with a slim black bezel so not sure how its gonna be with cases

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I got just the Zagg glass protector. Don’t know if it’s the one your looking for. Have to go find the box and see. Got it at Best Buy if that helps.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the icarez edge to edge that I got off amazon.

$7.99 UsD for a 2 pack. Personally best one I have used on ANY iPhone. Only the edge to edge is available for the X.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I’ll see how it goes but I have been using Belkin Ultra Glass because the Amazon protectors with the template went on evenly but kept the air pockets. I had it installed on Wednesday and so far it’s holding up great like it did with my iPhone 7.

Quoting myself here. The Belkin Glass is still working flawlessly with no scratches or cracks. I’ve seen many complaints but most happened by this time so I’m confident my protector is solid. I wonder if earlier batches of the glass were faulty?

gyounk

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
Zagg sapphire Glass screen protector and the Apple leather case work perfectly. Look at my avatar to see how great they look together.

No problems with bubbles or sensitivity with the zagg.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods