Best glass screen protector?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the RhinoShield Edge to Edge Tempered Glass, and its truly Edge to Edge. The corners took a couple days to settle in but otherwise its a great screen protector.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
OTOH, a lot of areas have a Zagg kiosk in their mall, so you can have the Zagg employee install the screen protector. Also, Best Buy will typically install a Zagg screen protector. Though, in both cases, there might be a $5 installation fee. I'm sure other stores will install screen protectors they sell, as well.

Yeah, I’d rather get the Belkin since the machine can install it perfectly.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don’t know which tempered glass screen protector is the “best” but I’ve been a fan of the Spigen GLAS.tR Slim for some time now. Not to mention I can get 2 for around 8 bucks. I always order 2 packs and typically only use 1 of the 4 protectors over my usage of the phone (6 mos to 1 year).

Only_David

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
I put my Techmatte protector on my 5 day old iPhone 8 today. My only small problem is that it's quite shiny/reflective. There are 3 very tiny dot-bubbles. I can see them when the screen is dark, but otherwise they're not visible. Not too difficult to install. Hey, if an 85 year old guy can do it anybody can. I don't think I'd be able to put one on a screen any larger than 4.7 inches though.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don’t know which tempered glass screen protector is the “best” but I’ve been a fan of the Spigen GLAS.tR Slim for some time now. Not to mention I can get 2 for around 8 bucks. I always order 2 packs and typically only use 1 of the 4 protectors over my usage of the phone (6 mos to 1 year).

I have the Spigen too and like it a lot :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the Apple Silicone case and Rhinoshield E2E and no issues. My other case is a Catalyst case and it is causing lift on the four corners with E2E so its a bummer. Given I wil likely have many cases I have to choose the best overall protector, and I am willing to live with a bit of corner lift on one case as it won't when I use others.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I’m going to get the Belkin from Apple Store but I’ve read reviews saying they crack for no reason. Does anyone have any experience with these on their X? I have been using Belkin on my iPhone 7 for a year with not even a scratch while others claim they crack so I’m just a bit curious.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I’m going to get the Belkin from Apple Store but I’ve read reviews saying they crack for no reason. Does anyone have any experience with these on their X? I have been using Belkin on my iPhone 7 for a year with not even a scratch while others claim they crack so I’m just a bit curious.

I bought one from the Apple store when I got my X, it broke within a week. I’ve been using one I bought from amazon, for the last few weeks with no issues.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I bought one from the Apple store when I got my X, it broke within a week. I’ve been using one I bought from amazon, for the last few weeks with no issues.

I thinks it’s because the Belkin is super thin. Too thin in my opinion for a tempered glass.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

As is the one I got now but unlike others I’ve been lucky. I really want Belkin because they can install them perfectly but I’m afraid it’ll break. But I guess if it does given the documentation of issues it wouldn’t be difficult to get replaced. But by now if there’s an issue it should have been addressed, hopefully anyway.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hm, maybe I’ll order these and try to install them before I drop $40 on Belkin. I am not too confident in Belkin quality currently.

SPARIN iPhone X Screen Protector, (2 Pack) Tempered Glass for iPhone X / 10 with Double Shielding / Applicator Tool / Case Friendly https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752DRNZ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3019290

That’s the one I’m using right now. It has an application tool that helps considerably when installing. I am really bad at installing screen protectors and I installed one on my X and one on my son’s X and they are perfect.

The only issue I have with them is the edges collect lint from my pocket. Had the same issue with the belkin.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
SPARIN iPhone X Screen Protector, (2 Pack) Tempered Glass for iPhone X / 10 with Double Shielding / Applicator Tool / Case Friendly https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752DRNZ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3019375

That’s the one I’m using right now. It has an application tool that helps considerably when installing. I am really bad at installing screen protectors and I installed one on my X and one on my son’s X and they are perfect.

The only issue I have with them is the edges collect lint from my pocket. Had the same issue with the belkin.

That tool make it look extremely simple. I ended up ordering this one so hopefully it goes on without any lifting like I see one person experienced. But you said it’s fine so his was probably unlucky.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
That tool make it look extremely simple. I ended up ordering this one so hopefully it goes on without any lifting like I see one person experienced. But you said it’s fine so his was probably unlucky.

I had a different one before and the application tool wasn’t as good and I botched the job, but in their instructions they mentioned that some iPhones hav a bumpier texture to the glass which causes lifting. I don’t know how true that was, but they did say if you experienced the “halo” effect they would replace it with a version of the product designed for the bumpier texture.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit