Best glass screen protector?

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
This Apple store is at an outdoor mall so I stepped outside right after and looked at the screen under the sun. You can easily see the dust or lint if there is any. And mine was perfect. Very happy.

I see Belkin’ online store has them back in stock so I need to call them tomorrow afternoon. I was told they will ship me a replacement free of charge and it’ll come with the template for the Apple Store to apply. :)

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I called Belkin and while they have them in stock online their warranty department won’t until early March. They offered me a different product if I didn’t want to wait but I’m not interested in Privacy protectors so I declined.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I called Belkin and while they have them in stock online their warranty department won’t until early March. They offered me a different product if I didn’t want to wait but I’m not interested in Privacy protectors so I declined.

They probably aren’t the ones that can be installed by the machines at Apple. Even Apple sells ones out of a box that can’t be used with their machines. They have separates ones sold for in store installation.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Any time I have done my own, I always end up with a couple of specs of dust or a small piece of lint underneath. So I like how they used a piece of lint tape that covered the entire screen, not tiny lint tape, to get off any excess lint off then they drop the phone right into the machine so there is literally a half of a second that the screen is exposed keeping it lint free.

I wish you could buy these full screen dust remover stickers.

Can you post some pictures of the new Belkin installed?

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
They probably aren’t the ones that can be installed by the machines at Apple. Even Apple sells ones out of a box that can’t be used with their machines. They have separates ones sold for in store installation.

I thought so too but their website says it can be installed in store with a machine or the included template.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I wish you could buy these full screen dust remover stickers.

Can you post some pictures of the new Belkin installed?

55642fe7dfd19341358b8fa7f67c6d05.jpg

3304ecd1748e4377ca6bb15930b93fec.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Nice, I would go have one installed if the nearest Apple store was not a 3 hour drive from here.

3 hours away? What do you live in the sticks? I about fell off the truck when you said that. Geez I have 4 Apple stores within 30 minutes of my house. lol.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
3 hours away? What do you live in the sticks? I about fell off the truck when you said that. Geez I have 4 Apple stores within 30 minutes of my house. lol.

I have 2 Apple Store that I know of within 30 minutes of me. They’re in opposite directions but I always choose the one inside the mall over a store because parking is awful at the outside one. Haha.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

We do live out in the sticks in a Log Home but we are 50 miles away from Gainesville and the closest Apple stores are in Jacksonville or Orlando.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Dome glass is the best screen protector you can buy. I’ve used the one they install at the store as well as amazon cheapies. This is the best, by far.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I decided to go to Apple today and get the new Belkin. They did confirm they had to pull the other ones before Xmas and just got these in. I let them install and it’s perfectly straight with no lint under. The quality on this seems much better.

With your success with the Spigen, did you do that because they could get a 'perfect' install and you had a few specks under yours?

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
The Belkins are back at the Apple Store. My Apple Store had them in stock on the 19th, the ones that get installed with that nifty machine. It's just as good as they were when I had them on the 7 Plus.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The Belkins are back at the Apple Store. My Apple Store had them in stock on the 19th, the ones that get installed with that nifty machine. It's just as good as they were when I had them on the 7 Plus.

Yeah had the machine at Apple install mine last week after they got them back. Absolutely perfect.
d49cb363e32aa0209b89b8452caab376.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro