This Apple store is at an outdoor mall so I stepped outside right after and looked at the screen under the sun. You can easily see the dust or lint if there is any. And mine was perfect. Very happy.
    I see Belkin’ online store has them back in stock so I need to call them tomorrow afternoon. I was told they will ship me a replacement free of charge and it’ll come with the template for the Apple Store to apply.
    02-23-2018 02:42 AM
    I called Belkin and while they have them in stock online their warranty department won’t until early March. They offered me a different product if I didn’t want to wait but I’m not interested in Privacy protectors so I declined.
    02-23-2018 03:02 PM
    I called Belkin and while they have them in stock online their warranty department won’t until early March. They offered me a different product if I didn’t want to wait but I’m not interested in Privacy protectors so I declined.
    They probably aren’t the ones that can be installed by the machines at Apple. Even Apple sells ones out of a box that can’t be used with their machines. They have separates ones sold for in store installation.
    02-23-2018 03:21 PM
    Any time I have done my own, I always end up with a couple of specs of dust or a small piece of lint underneath. So I like how they used a piece of lint tape that covered the entire screen, not tiny lint tape, to get off any excess lint off then they drop the phone right into the machine so there is literally a half of a second that the screen is exposed keeping it lint free.
    I wish you could buy these full screen dust remover stickers.

Can you post some pictures of the new Belkin installed?
    02-23-2018 03:45 PM
    They probably aren’t the ones that can be installed by the machines at Apple. Even Apple sells ones out of a box that can’t be used with their machines. They have separates ones sold for in store installation.
    I thought so too but their website says it can be installed in store with a machine or the included template.
    02-23-2018 04:22 PM
    I wish you could buy these full screen dust remover stickers.

Can you post some pictures of the new Belkin installed?

Eclipse2K and felloffthetruck like this.
    02-23-2018 05:01 PM
    Nice, I would go have one installed if the nearest Apple store was not a 3 hour drive from here.
    02-23-2018 05:48 PM
    Nice, I would go have one installed if the nearest Apple store was not a 3 hour drive from here.
    3 hours away? What do you live in the sticks? I about fell off the truck when you said that. Geez I have 4 Apple stores within 30 minutes of my house. lol.
    02-23-2018 06:08 PM
    3 hours away? What do you live in the sticks? I about fell off the truck when you said that. Geez I have 4 Apple stores within 30 minutes of my house. lol.
    I have 2 Apple Store that I know of within 30 minutes of me. They’re in opposite directions but I always choose the one inside the mall over a store because parking is awful at the outside one. Haha.
    02-23-2018 06:23 PM
    We do live out in the sticks in a Log Home but we are 50 miles away from Gainesville and the closest Apple stores are in Jacksonville or Orlando.
    02-23-2018 09:43 PM
    We do live out in the sticks in a Log Home but we are 50 miles away from Gainesville and the closest Apple stores are in Jacksonville or Orlando.
    Damn I’d die. I must have an Apple store near by. Lol.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    02-24-2018 01:28 AM
    Dome glass is the best screen protector you can buy. I’ve used the one they install at the store as well as amazon cheapies. This is the best, by far.
    02-24-2018 11:31 PM
    I decided to go to Apple today and get the new Belkin. They did confirm they had to pull the other ones before Xmas and just got these in. I let them install and it’s perfectly straight with no lint under. The quality on this seems much better.
    With your success with the Spigen, did you do that because they could get a 'perfect' install and you had a few specks under yours?
    02-25-2018 11:13 AM
    With your success with the Spigen, did you do that because they could get a 'perfect' install and you had a few specks under yours?
    Mostly because the olephobic coating kept wearing off in the high swipe areas.
    02-25-2018 12:42 PM
    The Belkins are back at the Apple Store. My Apple Store had them in stock on the 19th, the ones that get installed with that nifty machine. It's just as good as they were when I had them on the 7 Plus.
    02-25-2018 01:47 PM
    The Belkins are back at the Apple Store. My Apple Store had them in stock on the 19th, the ones that get installed with that nifty machine. It's just as good as they were when I had them on the 7 Plus.
    Yeah had the machine at Apple install mine last week after they got them back. Absolutely perfect.
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    02-25-2018 02:07 PM
    Mostly because the olephobic coating kept wearing off in the high swipe areas.
    Ok, cool -- thanks!
    02-25-2018 04:03 PM
    Yeah had the machine at Apple install mine last week after they got them back. Absolutely perfect.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...452caab376.jpg
    I can’t wait for Belkin to actually send me another one. The air pocket is getting bigger and driving me nuts just seeing it. I really need the new one... bah.
    02-25-2018 06:07 PM
    02-26-2018 09:57 AM
    I thought the Belkin covered the top camera area or is that the change they made to make the new ones work?
    02-26-2018 01:30 PM
    I thought the Belkin covered the top camera area or is that the change they made to make the new ones work?
    No. Neither ones did. It had nothing to do with the first ones not working. The recalled the first one because most of them were cracking without even dropping the phone.
    02-26-2018 02:56 PM
    No. Neither ones did. It had nothing to do with the first ones not working. The recalled the first one because most of them were cracking without even dropping the phone.
    Makes sense. I looked back through the thread and it was the Bodyguardz protector that I was thinking about, not Belkin.

I still will vouch for the Mr. Shield protectors. $6.99 for 5 (were $5.99 when I bought them). Have put them on 4 phones now, never any dust/lint or bubbles, and they all stick well, and cover just enough of the screen. They do include screen sized cleaner stickers, alcohol wipes, cloth, and dust remover strips (I actually use them as hinges for when I lay the screens down). If you have one crack just email them with your order number and they send you another pack of 5 no questions asked. Great service. I have used them on a lot of devices, and have only ever had an issue with the fitment on 1 (original Pixel), which they refunded my purchase for.

I am tempted to try one of the full screen coverage options though. The cutout around the notch doesn't bother me, but the full screen protectors make it look a lot smoother.
    02-26-2018 03:11 PM
    Not sure if they have an iPhone X model BUT I highly recommend OTAO!
    02-26-2018 06:41 PM
    Not sure if they have an iPhone X model BUT I highly recommend OTAO!
    They do, I ordered several but haven't"t used them yet.
    02-28-2018 02:43 AM
    They do, I ordered several but haven't"t used them yet.
    Cool! I have one on my Note 8, plus had one on my S8. LOVE their products, AND the best part is they include a special piece that insures a perfect placement!
    02-28-2018 11:16 AM
190 ... 34567 ...