Silver or Grey?

Preferred color?

• Total voters

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I got the silver because that was the only one they had but I slightly prefer the grey cause it has less breaks in the design. I don't like that you can't polish the grey so the silver is probably right for me in the long run.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I got the Space Gray because it more closely matches my Space Black AW. I'd preferred that Apple made it a true black instead of gray, but oh well.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When/if I decide to get the iPhone X is will be in the darkest color possible. The Space Gray of the X is darker than the Space Gray of the 6s Plus, but not as dark as the Jet Black, so that color will have to do.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
When/if I decide to get the iPhone X is will be in the darkest color possible. The Space Gray of the X is darker than the Space Gray of the 6s Plus, but not as dark as the Jet Black, so that color will have to do.

I really wish Apple would pick a Space Gray and stick with it. I have/had so many Space Gray products that are all different colors.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Silver for me this time ... which is really weird bc I’ve never liked their silver devices.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I thought I'd prefer the Silver, at least based on the look of the 8 Plus. When I saw them in person, I preferred the Space Gray. I don't like how reflective the Stainless Steel is on the Silver, and the back seemed darker to me than the Silver 8 Plus (though may have just been the lighting).

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
...and the back seemed darker to me than the Silver 8 Plus (though may have just been the lighting).

I thought the same thing when I looked at it in person, almost more of a grey than a silver. It just looked a little off to me, so I went with Space Grey. No regrets.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I thought the same thing when I looked at it in person, almost more of a grey than a silver. It just looked a little off to me, so I went with Space Grey. No regrets.

The carrier store I went to had the Silver on display, that made me decide to go with the Space Gray. Once I opened my Space Gray, I knew I made the right decision; I really like the look of the Space Gray, particularly the coloring of the stainless steel frame.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The carrier store I went to had the Silver on display, that made me decide to go with the Space Gray. Once I opened my Space Gray, I knew I made the right decision; I really like the look of the Space Gray, particularly the coloring of the stainless steel frame.

I just took a close look at the steel frame on the SG and love it. I am still largely indifferent but didn’t think I’d like the SG frame so much.

travis4380

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I went with the silver because I figured it would be easier to get. The color is growing on me plus I use cases so I can always make it any color I want.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I personally wasn't feeling the Silver as the Space Grey feels like it matches all the way around from screen to body. Once I got it and compared it to my wifes Silver, I felt 200% better about my choice.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I personally wasn't feeling the Silver as the Space Grey feels like it matches all the way around from screen to body. Once I got it and compared it to my wifes Silver, I felt 200% better about my choice.

Same reason I got rid of my silver and got Space Grey instead. I felt like the a silver for me was three different colors which was driving my OCD crazy. Felt almost chaotic to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh