My First Week with the X

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
First all I want to say I am happy to be able to share my experience with my new iPhone X. I bought my device on the preorder day and received it last Friday around noon.

I have been using the device non stop since then and have adapted well to the gesture based IOS and took me back to my days on Blackberry OS10. Now I find myself not missing the home button anymore and feel very comfortable using the gesture and swipes to navigate through the software.

I have been reading all the forums the last week and haven’t experienced some of the face recognition and display issues some folks are taking about. My screen is shape, crisp and I feel is the best display yet on any iPhone I have had.

The face recognition has also worked perfectly except one time today when I was at my desk and the lighting was not good. I had the use my number code to unlock the device. No big deal.

Most of apps have worked very well and I have gotten use to the notch at the top and doesn’t even bother me anymore. Using the gestures is smooth and has made me more productive on the device like it did when I was using Blackberry OS10.

I have big paws for hands and I haven’t had many of the reachability issues and the size of the X is perfect for my hands and I can swipe and use pull down gestures with ease and it feels natural and fluid.

The device has become my daily driver and I have found that sometimes it’s just hard to put it down. The X just has the Apple quality all over it and I have had several folks wanting to hold it and play with it when they see I am using the X.

I feel the 1150.00 and change I spent for my 64 gig space grey version and black Apple leather OEM case was money well spent and if you have the financial resources and where thinking about upgrading to the new iPhone X, just do it and you will find yourself liking the device as I and many of my clients who bought it have. Just my two cents worth.

Last edited:

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I haven’t put it down since I got it on launch day! LOL! The only time my phone is away from me is when I’m charging. Coming from the plus size since iPhone 6 I have adjusted to it pretty quickly. It’s more comfortable to hold and don’t have issues putting it in my skinny jean pocket anymore. I don’t miss the size of the plus. In fact, I looked back on my Plus phones and I can’t believe why I was able to use that big phone for 3 years. I got used to new gestures in just a couple of days. Face ID is awesome and I don’t see myself going back to Touch ID. I haven’t experienced any issues so far (knock on wood). Display is also awesome and I find myself watching Netflix on my phone more often than my TV. I have the 256GB Silver subscribed to 200GB iCloud storage and still have 230GB space left considering I have 3 years worth of pictures and videos plus 209 applications installed. I don’t see myself running out of space for a couple of years.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
@bakron1 I always appreciate your through write-ups. You make me want the X just so I can get my BlackBerry OS10 fix again. Man and just when I've gotten use to the home button then Apple goes and makes the X aka the love child of Web OS and BlackBerry OS10...sigh

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
@bakron1 I always appreciate your through write-ups. You make me want the X just so I can get my BlackBerry OS10 fix again. Man and just when I've gotten use to the home button then Apple goes and makes the X aka the love child of Web OS and BlackBerry OS10...sigh

Thanks and I hope you get you X soon.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, bakron1. Tomorrow will be a week with my iPhone X, and I’ve been impressed as well.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
No problem folks, I enjoy writing threads and sharing my experiences with Apple products.

I do the same on the CB forums where I am blessed to be an ambassador.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the review. My experience over the first week has been similar, other than it takes me back to using WebOS and not a Crackberry. ;) I absolutely prefer the gestures and don't miss the home button.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner