I used Apple Pay for the first time today on my iP X. Man was it fast, faster than my iP 7. Face ID is also fast.
    11-09-2017 04:01 PM
    Does WalMart take it?
    11-09-2017 04:08 PM
    Does WalMart take it?
    As far as I know no.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    11-09-2017 07:19 PM
    Does WalMart take it?
    Walmart does not take Apple Pay. They have their own “Walmart Pay” available through their app for in-store use.
    11-09-2017 09:15 PM
    I used it on my X for the first time yesterday and thought the same thing. Impressively fast.
    11-09-2017 10:50 PM
    That’s always great news!
    11-10-2017 04:40 AM
    I always use my Apple Watch instead of my phone for Apple Pay. I just can't wait until more places use it where I live. The town I live in is kinda small and it's slow to adopt stuff like that.
    11-10-2017 07:05 AM
    I used Apple Pay for the first time today on my iP X. Man was it fast, faster than my iP 7. Face ID is also fast.
    I cannot make that claim. Sure it’s fast, but ‘I’ found it to be faster via TouchID.
    11-10-2017 07:16 AM
    It's fast but not as fast as the TouchID just for the fact that I have to double tap to pay and FaceID it. But it's now slow either.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-10-2017 11:23 AM
    I cannot make that claim. Sure it’s fast, but ‘I’ found it to be faster via TouchID.
    Yeah me too. It’s not quite as fast as TouchID. Before I could raise my phone to the terminal with my thumb on the home button and I was done. Now I have to double tap the side button, authenticate with Face ID, then raise my phone to the terminal. Total first world problem here but it definitely isn’t as quick for me.
    11-11-2017 06:30 AM
    It's fast but not as fast as the TouchID just for the fact that I have to double tap to pay and FaceID it. But it's now slow either.
    I haven't tried it with Face ID yet. Do you still have to tap the terminal for Face ID or just double tap the side button?
    11-11-2017 03:30 PM
    I haven't tried it with Face ID yet. Do you still have to tap the terminal for Face ID or just double tap the side button?
    If your X is locked:
    1. You place your X on the terminal
    2. Apple Pay comes up
    3. Double tap the side button
    4. Bring up your X for FaceID
    5. Once it’s FaceID-ed you, Place your X on the terminal again to pay

If your X is unlocked:
    1. Double tap the side button for Apple Pay
    2. Place your X on the terminal
    3. Bring up your X for FaceID
    4. Once it’s FaceID-ed you, Place your X on the terminal again to pay
    11-11-2017 03:38 PM
    If your X is locked:
    1. You place your X on the terminal
    2. Apple Pay comes up
    3. Double tap the side button
    4. Bring up your X for FaceID
    5. Once it’s FaceID-ed you, Place your X on the terminal again to pay

If your X is unlocked:
    1. Double tap the side button for Apple Pay
    2. Place your X on the terminal
    3. Bring up your X for FaceID
    4. Once it’s FaceID-ed you, Place your X on the terminal again to pay
    Why don't you double tap side button, authenticate with FaceID, then touch to terminal? That seems faster to me. I always use my AW for Apple Pay. TBH I haven't used my X yet for Apple Pay.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-11-2017 03:54 PM
    Why don't you double tap side button, authenticate with FaceID, then touch to terminal? That seems faster to me. I always use my AW for Apple Pay. TBH I haven't used my X yet for Apple Pay.
    For some reason, I haven’t had much success with that. Sometimes it doesn’t bring up FaceID unless I put on the terminal and sometimes double tap and FaceID works. Will need to use more to master this, but I am sure we will all be good after few tries.
    11-11-2017 03:56 PM
    For some reason, I haven’t had much success with that. Sometimes it doesn’t bring up FaceID unless I put on the terminal and sometimes double tap and FaceID works. Will need to use more to master this, but I am sure we will all be good after few tries.
    Gotcha! After reading your post I just figured I'd bring up Apple Pay to see how it works. I double tapped, FaceID, then it said tap to terminal. Wasn't sure if it'd work or not because I'm at home so I don't have any way to test if it would work. I'll try using my X instead of my AW next time I use AP to see what happens.
    11-11-2017 04:00 PM
    .... I double tapped, FaceID, then it said tap to terminal. ...
    That’s exactly what I do, and it works like a charm. In fact, I’m here inside a Firehouse Subs restaurant waiting for my food and I paid with Pay in the manner I mentioned above.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 11-13-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    11-11-2017 04:40 PM
    Still haven’t used it with the X. It’s hard not to use my watch. Must keep that in mind. Maybe I’ll get an Apple pie at McDonald’s just to test it but I’ll use the self service machine 1st before I use it in front of a human cashier lol
    11-12-2017 09:19 AM
    Still haven’t used it with the X. It’s hard not to use my watch. Must keep that in mind. Maybe I’ll get an Apple pie at McDonald’s just to test it but I’ll use the self service machine 1st before I use it in front of a human cashier lol
    It’s been awhile since I’ve used my Watch for Pay. I’m going to have to make a conscious effort to do so the next time I make a purchase and the option is available.
    11-12-2017 09:49 AM
    I used my Apple Watch to pay for my breakfast this morning and as expected, it worked like a charm.
    11-13-2017 07:33 PM