iPhone X vs iPhone 10

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here I am sitting in a McDonald’s restaurant across from my office eating oatmeal and drinking coffee. I used Pay to pay for my meal. Anyway, the cashier, who is also the manager, asked this question? “How do you like the ‘X’?”....pronounced ex. The last person who asked me pronounced it the same way. I typically ask, “Do you mean the iPhone Ten?”. This time, however, I just let it be. With that in mind, do you hear people pronouncing it as the iPhone ten or the iPhone ex?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
In my circle I hear both ways. Going to Best buy today going to ask if they have new iPhone instock, I'll let you know what the sales person calls it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Here I am sitting in a McDonald’s restaurant across from my office eating oatmeal and drinking coffee. I used Pay to pay for my meal. Anyway, the cashier, who is also the manager, asked this question? “How do you like the ‘X’?”....pronounced ex. The last person who asked me pronounced it the same way. I typically ask, “Do you mean the iPhone Ten?”. This time, however, I just let it be. With that in mind, do you hear people pronouncing it as the iPhone ten or the iPhone ex?

I, against better knowledge, say iPhone X, too.
It sounds more natural. I don’t know how the ancient Romans did it, but I have the hardest time pronouncing letters as numbers.

Yes I will go stand in the corner now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I, against better knowledge, say iPhone X, too.
It sounds more natural. I don’t know how the ancient Romans did it, but I have the hardest time pronouncing letters as numbers.

Yes I will go stand in the corner now.

While you’re in that corner, say aloud, “iPhone ten” 100 times....

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
At Best Buy and most associate and customers call it the X (ex) according to the sales associate I talked to.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
In my circle everyone keeps calling it X (ex) and not 10 even though most are Apple peeps and know it's suppose to be called 10.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I hear "Oh you have the new iPhone". I've heard both ways though. In fact, I've referred to it both ways just in conversation and not really thinking.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Everyone I know who has one calls it the X, haven’t heard but one person call it iPhone 10. The iPhone sounds better.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I call it the X (ex). I’m so use to reading ‘iPhone’ and then a number my mind sees X and just says it rather than thinking it’s actually a 10.

I’m sure next year we will be seeing a totally new naming convention anyway. We can’t keep going with numbers

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
My wife has an 8 + and I have the X, she makes fun of me because I call it the X (ex). I know it’s the ten, but it just feels wrong cause there hasn’t been a 9. So I call it the X.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes. One of my kids insists on calling it the X (ex) and has even argued with me that she’s right and I am wrong because that’s what her friends said. Umm ok kid. Who’s the phone geek here ... (pointing to self).

travis4380

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I talked to Apple support the other day and they called it the X (ex). I said about it being the 10 and the person said they call it both.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
ive been hearing more people calling it x but ive been calling it 10 just cuz i know better lol but iphone x does sound cool tho but feels weird saying it lol

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
We all know what people mean when they either say iPhone Ecks or iPhone 10. I couldn't care less if someone pronounces it one way or the other.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods