iPhone X vs iPhone 10

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was talking to T-Mobile the other day, and the rep said "I notice you also have the new iWatch"?!?! I thought, you're LOOKING at a computer that tells you it's an Apple Watch, why on earth would you still say iWatch. Lots of obscenities also went through my head.

Yeah, that's bad.

gyounk

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
It doesn’t surprise me to hear people call it the “ecks” but when they said it at the Apple store it kind of surprised me. I only correct family members when they say “ecks” and I just let others call it what they want. It’s still less annoying than the dreaded “iwatch” people.

Man, I sound like a snob. Hahaha!
Don’t get me started on the iTouch people either. ;)

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I actually prefer to call it ex/ecks. I think it’s comical/curious how Apple chose not to use 7s/7s Plus for what is now the 8 and didn’t call the iPhone X the iPhone 8. I get it, the X is new and different and they wanted to name it something radical. So ...this year we’ll perhaps see X2, X2 (squared...that’d be kewl), or Xs/Xs Plus (extra small...lol, me thinks we won’t see that)?

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have used both "10" and "X", but lately the last three or four times at the Apple store, I have used "X" inadvertently, and a few of the reps assisting me were very quick to correct me. One rep's tone was actually slightly condescending as if I had somehow insulted him and Apple lol.

I thought that was quite comical, as it really shouldn't matter since my money is green just like everyone else's. I made to sure to politely remind him of how I, as an Apple customer, expect nothing short of excellent customer service. He actually apologized to me, which I definitely appreciated. I am at my local Apple store A LOT, like first name basis a lot :)

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I call it "Ex" I think that is a much cooler way to say it than 10 like all the other iPhones. Hey Apple did that to themselves, they could have just called it iPhone 10.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I call it the iPhone 10 or "the 10" ... because I learned about roman numerals back in elementary school. But after googling "Do schools still teach roman numerals" it seems that they are no longer taught. Of course, this presents a bigger problem for those who watch the Superbowl every year? I mean, all those weird letters after the word "Superbowl" must seem like gobbilygook!!!!

Last edited:

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
X(ex) till I die. I sounds cooler than 10. I don't care what apple wants to call it. The one I spent money on will be called the ex!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73