iPhone X vs iPhone 10

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Since I'm already a bit of a smart-butt... and mostly because my youngest son's name has a roman numeral in it... Apple has just given me another reason to grit my teeth, lol. EVERYBODY that I've encountered... even at the Verizon store calls it the (ex)!!! I'm like ya know... I should have your job. So when I tell them its a ten they respond... well where does the X come from? #goodbyeromannumerals

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Out of everybody I've encountered including TMo reps, they almost all called it ex. I think maybe 3 or 4 (me included) call it the ten.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Both with the scale tipping towards the "EX" punctuation. Even though I DO call it the iPhone 10 (because I'm smart like that), I really WANT to call it the iPhone "EX" because it sounds way cooler ...

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Most people in my circle call it 10. If im reading a article, my mind says X because of the letter. But I grit my teeth and say its the 10 stoopid. Lol

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I keep saying 'ex'

I think I've come across one person that has referred to it as the ten. Funny thing, when I went to do a pickup on Saturday I overheard an Apple Store employee refer to it as "ex" to the guy he was helping out.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Went to a TMo corporate store today to return my 8 (Jump on Demand phone, they wouldn't take it so I drove an hour and a half for nothing) and he interchanged ex and 10 when he was talking about it.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Well now my FB group has everyone throwing up the X like Dez Bryant instead with pics of their iPhone X (ex) LOL! I live near Big D aka Cowboys Nation.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I usually say 10 but sometimes it does come out as X. Usually when I’m tired or not thinking. Most people I know don’t really care about that fancy new iPhone. They are happy with their iPhone 5’s and cheap Androids...

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I call it ex because I think it sounds cooler and also because I like to annoy condescending people that insist it’s ten LOL.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I went to the Apple Store today to return a phone and the people who came in the same time as me asked if any iPhone X (exs). The Apple Store employee responded saying that the Tens have been going out as fast as they have come in. LOL

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I went to the Apple Store today to return a phone and the people who came in the same time as me asked if any iPhone X (exs). The Apple Store employee responded saying that the Tens have been going out as fast as they have come in. LOL

Did you return your 8 to stick with the Sony? I really like the look of those compacts

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Most people in my circle call it 10. If im reading a article, my mind says X because of the letter. But I grit my teeth and say its the 10 stoopid. Lol

Same here. Reading, my brain says “ex” but then I correct it to 10. Apple and their silly X.
When speaking though, I always call it the iPhone Ten, though I’ve experienced what several others here have with carrier store employees calling it “ex.”

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I say 10 out loud, but my mind reads X. Weird how that works, kind of like OS X except for that one sometimes I do say X out loud. I’ve never said iPhone X out loud though, haven’t made that mistake. Even though it sounds way cooler than 10

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR