Serious question/comment...

In the past few days, I've read multiple posts on various forums, all pointing towards the iPhone X, and how videos aren't 'full screen'. And, images aren't viewable/viewed 'full screen'.

Honestly, I'm confused. I've just watched a portion of John Wick, Chapter 2. This was purchased via Apple (on my iPhone 8 Plus), and to me, it played and viewed just fine.

I've already review images I had in iCloud, prior to obtaining the iPhone X, and, again, they seem fine to me.

So, what am I missing, what is confusing about 'full screen' video, etc. on the iPhone X? Does someone possible have a video of an iPhone X, explaining said issue? Maybe I'd understand it better that way...

Thanks in advance
    Ivan
    11-08-2017 08:56 PM
    The issue is that full screen video causes the notch to protrude into the picture. Furthermore, the corners of the screen are slightly cropped due to the rounded edges of the iPhone X’s display. The alternative is to zoom the picture out which creates a letterbox around all four edges.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    11-08-2017 09:02 PM
    Yes, this is the issue for me regarding the X. I’m still waiting on my 3:17a pre-order, 17-Nov to 24-Nov (TMO, paid in full). But after seeing this letterboxed vs. cropped video, I am not committed to keeping it when it comes.

PS - The full screen zoomed view clips video from both the top and bottom as well as the corners mentioned. I’ve compared the X and 8+ side-by-side a few times. If the bottom of the video has captions you will not see them in zoomed video on the X. If the top has information, that too, can be lost on the X.
    11-13-2017 12:01 PM
    Photos are photos. Here's the difference between a 6s Plus photo and the same with the X full screen.
    6s Plus:

The X full screen:

I think you can tap the screen twice to switch video from full screen to regular size. Not sure. But full screen video will crop some off.
    zenjen likes this.
    11-13-2017 04:09 PM