Battery life! Hopefully a software update will fix it. It’s not horrible but it’s not great either.
    11-08-2017 07:07 PM
    Mine has been pretty good. I’m at 73% and have been off charger 10 hours.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-08-2017 07:19 PM
    My battery life has been excellent and I go all day and still have plenty left at the end of the day. No complaints on the battery life so far.
    11-08-2017 07:22 PM
    Mine has been pretty good. I’m at 73% and have been off charger 10 hours.
    I’ll have to test it more. Mine has been at 80 percent for about most of the day
    11-08-2017 07:23 PM
    I guess it’s a tad worse than the 8 plus was but I will see how it does
    11-08-2017 07:24 PM
    Mine's been great depending on use. Streaming podcasts in the car connected by bluetooth for 2 hours seemed to take a bunch of battery but otherwise it's been great on days I don't do that.
    11-08-2017 07:52 PM
    Mine has been excellent. 7 1/2 hours of usage and still 30% left.

11-08-2017 07:56 PM
    I’ll have to test it more. Mine has been at 80 percent for about most of the day
    80% most of the day is pretty dang good if you ask me. I don’t use the plus sized phones so can’t compare to those but it’s been great compared to my 7.
    11-08-2017 08:00 PM
    The only thing I’m disappointed in is that the authentication speed of FaceID isn’t as fast as that of TouchID, especially when using Pay. It’s not bad or slow, but I’m used to the speed in which I can pay via TouchID.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-08-2017 08:27 PM
    Mine's been great depending on use. Streaming podcasts in the car connected by bluetooth for 2 hours seemed to take a bunch of battery but otherwise it's been great on days I don't do that.
    What app are you using? I streamed sirus xm and podcasts from Apples podcast app for 3 hours this morning and finished at around 90% battery life. I was extremely impressed.

For what it’s worth, I started fresh and didn’t restore any data when I got my X.
    11-08-2017 09:29 PM
    The only thing I’m disappointed in is that the authentication speed of FaceID isn’t as fast as that of TouchID, especially when using Pay. It’s not bad or slow, but I’m used to the speed in which I can pay via TouchID.
    Glad to know I’m not alone in this. I’ve seen everyone completely praising FaceID as a perfect replacement and I’m like “are we using the same phone”? Lol. It’s good enough. But I’ve definitely had situations where I’m waiting an extra second for two for it to authenticate before being presented with my home screen.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-08-2017 09:31 PM
    What app are you using? I streamed sirus xm and podcasts from Apples podcast app for 3 hours this morning and finished at around 90% battery life. I was extremely impressed.

For what it’s worth, I started fresh and didn’t restore any data when I got my X.
    Yeah I’m thinking of doing a restore.
    11-08-2017 09:32 PM
    I’m a heavy user, so I always need more battery life. Here’s to hoping Apple makes a smart battery case for it.
    11-09-2017 12:52 AM
    I’m a heavy user, so I always need more battery life. Here’s to hoping Apple makes a smart battery case for it.
    I’m a heavy user too. Since I got mine on launch day, I’ve yet to drop under 20% on a single day.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    11-09-2017 12:54 AM
    I’m a heavy user too. Since I got mine on launch day, I’ve yet to drop under 20% on a single day.
    I’m at 30% by 2-3PM, even with the Plusses.
    11-09-2017 12:55 AM
    I’m at 30% by 2-3PM, even with the Plusses.
    I don’t even know how that is possible. Lol. But I’m noticing about the same battery life on the X as my Pluses. I can’t tell a difference.
    11-09-2017 01:00 AM
    I don’t even know how that is possible. Lol. But I’m noticing about the same battery life on the X as my Pluses. I can’t tell a difference.
    I blame Clash of Clans and Mobile Legends.
    jpgti likes this.
    11-09-2017 01:06 AM
    I blame Clash of Clans and Mobile Legends.
    Gotcha. Yeah I don’t play games except words with friends. Haha.
    11-09-2017 01:40 AM

Pocket Casts on 11.2b2.
    11-09-2017 04:36 AM
    Glad to know I’m not alone in this. I’ve seen everyone completely praising FaceID as a perfect replacement and I’m like “are we using the same phone”? Lol. It’s good enough. But I’ve definitely had situations where I’m waiting an extra second for two for it to authenticate before being presented with my home screen.
    I also think FaceID isn't as fast for things like that, and opening up my passwords app, however for unlocking the phone I don't notice any difference. I'm wondering if it's the animations.
    11-09-2017 04:37 AM
    I also think FaceID isn't as fast for things like that, and opening up my passwords app, however for unlocking the phone I don't notice any difference. I'm wondering if it's the animations.
    I've noticed using FaceID for authentication on apps takes a couple seconds as well. For unlocking the phone or for Apple based stuff (unlocking Notes, buying apps) it's near instantaneous.
    11-09-2017 05:19 AM
    I’m sure the authentication speed will increase and be on par with TouchID soon. As stated earlier, it’s not bad and the extra second or two is not going to harm me or anything. The extra time is noticeable. That’s all.
    11-09-2017 07:23 AM
    I’m sure the authentication speed will increase and be on par with TouchID soon. As stated earlier, it’s not bad and the extra second or two is not going to harm me or anything. The extra time is noticeable. That’s all.
    Hope you’re right. Touch ID speed didn’t increase until the 6S introduced the second generation of Touch ID. I’d rather not have to buy a whole new phone to get a better FaceID experience. Though I guess that’s what happens when you’re an early adopter.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-09-2017 08:36 AM
    At times my lock screen will set and the lock icon will hesitate to change for a second or two before it unlocks me. Not all the time. For the most part it works well. But when it doesn’t I definitely notice simply because Touch ID never gave me issues.
    11-09-2017 08:38 AM
    ...I’d rather not have to buy a whole new phone to get a better FaceID experience. Though I guess that’s what happens when you’re an early adopter.
    AMEN to that, sir....
    11-09-2017 10:00 AM
27 12