Only thing I’m a bit disappointed in is

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
My battery life has been excellent and I go all day and still have plenty left at the end of the day. No complaints on the battery life so far.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine's been great depending on use. Streaming podcasts in the car connected by bluetooth for 2 hours seemed to take a bunch of battery but otherwise it's been great on days I don't do that.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been excellent. 7 1/2 hours of usage and still 30% left.

f61b63fe331980d7ea521c291efef6c8.jpg

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I’ll have to test it more. Mine has been at 80 percent for about most of the day

80% most of the day is pretty dang good if you ask me. I don’t use the plus sized phones so can’t compare to those but it’s been great compared to my 7.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I’m disappointed in is that the authentication speed of FaceID isn’t as fast as that of TouchID, especially when using Pay. It’s not bad or slow, but I’m used to the speed in which I can pay via TouchID.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine's been great depending on use. Streaming podcasts in the car connected by bluetooth for 2 hours seemed to take a bunch of battery but otherwise it's been great on days I don't do that.

What app are you using? I streamed sirus xm and podcasts from Apples podcast app for 3 hours this morning and finished at around 90% battery life. I was extremely impressed.

For what it’s worth, I started fresh and didn’t restore any data when I got my X.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I’m disappointed in is that the authentication speed of FaceID isn’t as fast as that of TouchID, especially when using Pay. It’s not bad or slow, but I’m used to the speed in which I can pay via TouchID.

Glad to know I’m not alone in this. I’ve seen everyone completely praising FaceID as a perfect replacement and I’m like “are we using the same phone”? Lol. It’s good enough. But I’ve definitely had situations where I’m waiting an extra second for two for it to authenticate before being presented with my home screen.

robinhelene

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
What app are you using? I streamed sirus xm and podcasts from Apples podcast app for 3 hours this morning and finished at around 90% battery life. I was extremely impressed.

For what it’s worth, I started fresh and didn’t restore any data when I got my X.

Yeah I’m thinking of doing a restore.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’m a heavy user, so I always need more battery life. Here’s to hoping Apple makes a smart battery case for it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Pocket Casts on 11.2b2.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Glad to know I’m not alone in this. I’ve seen everyone completely praising FaceID as a perfect replacement and I’m like “are we using the same phone”? Lol. It’s good enough. But I’ve definitely had situations where I’m waiting an extra second for two for it to authenticate before being presented with my home screen.

I also think FaceID isn't as fast for things like that, and opening up my passwords app, however for unlocking the phone I don't notice any difference. I'm wondering if it's the animations.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox