Insurance: Apple Care vs AT&T vs Square Trade

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
The question is in the title. I have never had to avail myself of any of the services above, but feel it’s not too smart not too. Opinions on the three choices please.

Apple Care Plus 199
AT&T 9 per month 299 replacement deductible
Square Trade 129

The only one that covers theft or loss is the AT&T insurance.

Thoughts and opinions please.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I upgrade every year and am super careful with my devices so don’t ever get Apple care. I have had square trade in the past and they were great. Took care of my device refund when they weren’t able to fix it. That said, if I did it now I’d do Apple care bc there are local stores here so more convenient.

travis4380

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I do applecare, since I upgrade each year they will refund you for what wasn’t used. So I got 50% back this year because I was less than a year into my AppleCare on my 7+.

treelotus

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
RIght now I am looking at trading in my 6 plus for an X. Att will give me $200 credit until the 30th. I notice ATT insurance will cover out of warranty issues. That plus the theft and loss sounds good to me.

I'm not sure about trading in my iphone 6 plus to apple. They said they weren't sure if they would or not. At first they said they would give me $175, but then I noticed it has a tiny chip on the screen..hardly noticeable, but Im not sure what they will say. They said I should bring it into a store to see. I don't live near one. I would have to drive about 2 hours away (but I wll be in that area before teh 30th, so maybe I will go and check it out) Any suggetions or thoughts? Also, am I correct? Apple will include the apple care for one year when you buy the X? or it's extra?

Thanks for any suggestions.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Insurance: Apple Care vs AT&T vs Square Trade

I went with Apple Care and iPhones are the only devices that I buy insurance for, for some reason. Lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro