iPhone X color opinions

Jaidyn Belbin

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I’ve got the Space Grey model, but I’m having second thoughts. The Silver model looks really nice too.

Who here has any thoughts about Silver vs. Space Grey?

sekelani

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
The sad thing is you can only see the silver option when you take it out of a case. The face is black. So you won’t notice it.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I like both. Went with silver this time around for a change. I could go either way. Don’t feel strongly since mine is covered with a case.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I got bored with black/space grey and got the Silver to just have something different and love it so far. The good thing is that the front is black regardless so you won’t have this white border staring at you every time you watch a video or picture...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve got the Space Grey model, but I’m having second thoughts. The Silver model looks really nice too.

I initially bought the silver iPhone 8 and found it to be a beautiful device. It doesn’t really look silver, but has more of a pearl color to ‘me’. Anyway, I purchased the iPhone X in the same color. It looks great to ‘me’....

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I got the Space Gray. The Silver looks nice, but I kinda felt the shiny steel was a little much for me personally. The SG still has shiny steel, but it's darker. The backs of both phones look nice. I can't decide which I like better. TBH I think I'd like the Space Gray even more if it had the SS Space Black steel and a true black back.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I went with the Silver. This is the first time that I have gotten an iPhone that wasn't Space Gray or Black. I figured since it was the X why not go for something different. I also planned on not using a case so that I could show it off. That lasted for about ten minutes before I decided I didn't want to risk it and on went a case.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I was going to go the silver route, but changed my mind at the last minute and went with the space grey model and the black leather Apple OEM case. So far i haven't regretted my decision and I love the device.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I got the silver. I plan to run a bumper or a Rhino Mod with a clear back at some point to show it off. I wasn't all that enthused about the "chrome" band when I saw the videos but in person it looks pretty good. Regardless since it will always be in a case even a bumper style will hide it. My wife got the space gray and while it's nice looking, I'm glad I went for the silver. Especially with no case or a bumper/clear case that contrast between the camera module and the almost white back looks really nice.

Jaidyn Belbin

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses! I guess I’m just curious about the durability of the stainless steel bands. I prefer the contrast of the Silver model, but from what I can tell, the SG band may hold up better to scratches and dings because of the coating. Time will tell I guess.

I’ll probably head into an Apple Store and play with a Silver model to get a better idea.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses! I guess I’m just curious about the durability of the stainless steel bands. I prefer the contrast of the Silver model, but from what I can tell, the SG band may hold up better to scratches and dings because of the coating. Time will tell I guess.

I’ll probably head into an Apple Store and play with a Silver model to get a better idea.

No problem!
It’s a good idea to play with them first, and see which one calls out to you.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I bought the Space Gray and don't regret my decision at all. However, remember that the steel on the Space Gray can't be polished like the Silver can. Polishing can help remove micro scratches.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I got bored with black/space grey and got the Silver to just have something different and love it so far. The good thing is that the front is black regardless so you won’t have this white border staring at you every time you watch a video or picture...

I miss the white border. That’s what I disliked about my jet black 7 Plus, I’ve only ever bought white front iPhones and was bummed they black bordered the silver X.

Jaidyn Belbin

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I miss the white border. That’s what I disliked about my jet black 7 Plus, I’ve only ever bought white front iPhones and was bummed they black bordered the silver X.

That’s funny, I’m the exact opposite. I used to really dislike the white face because I was really OCD about dirt getting into the seams! I know, I’m crazy.

Although now, there isn’t really a “face” at all...

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I'd rather have the white ... right now there's no way to tell the difference since mine is in a case.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

I originally ordered the space gray but when I arrived at the store to pick up my order during the launch day, I saw the silver and l find it better color than the space gray. I switched my order and got the silver color instead and I never regretted it. I also upgraded my 64GB to 256GB.

eLIZabeth001

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I have the Space Grey. It's nice, but I'm hoping I can exchange it for a silver one (I like it better after seeing my cousins) in store, but I'm sure I won't be able to. I mostly keep my phone in clear cases or no case because I like to show off my products.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I can’t decide if I like the chrome band or not. I think it looks awesome with the aubergine leather case but it is a bit too shiny for me. I just decided it was time to not get the space grey color. No regrets and I don’t really feel strongly about either color this time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711