I’ve noticed when my head is tilted diagonal and it’s dark it doesn’t work most of the time.
    Does anyone have this issue?
    11-08-2017 03:59 AM
    Having a hard time with what is tilted but you mean like on a pillow? My guess is part of your face is obscured by the pillow and faceID isn't getting enough of a match. If you turn your head away from the pillow and look at the camera, does it work?
    11-08-2017 05:29 AM
    Having a hard time with what is tilted but you mean like on a pillow? My guess is part of your face is obscured by the pillow and faceID isn't getting enough of a match. If you turn your head away from the pillow and look at the camera, does it work?
    Yeah it does work at times. You could be right. Thank you for the help
    11-08-2017 05:35 AM
    Yeah it does work at times. You could be right. Thank you for the help
    Sure! my hunch is not enough points for the phone to decide it's you so it won't unlock.
    11-08-2017 05:44 AM
    Hmmm. Survey time, before, during or after sex. sorry had too.
    sekelani likes this.
    11-08-2017 07:07 AM
    Go into settings and toggle off “require attention for Face ID” and see if that helps. It will make it a bit less secure, but it may help.

Also pay attention to how you hold the phone, your face may not be in the cameras field if view. The only time I’ve had an issue is because the Face ID camera is tilted towards the ceiling and not towards my face.

sekelani likes this.
    11-08-2017 07:13 AM
    I’ve noticed when my head is tilted diagonal and it’s dark it doesn’t work most of the time.
    Does anyone have this issue?
    “Head is tilted” - if that is “tilted alongside pillow” pretty sure that will fail as it would think you are not looking directly and that it may not be able to check if you are looking as well. So if you make it less secure as another poster suggested, it could work, otherwise you need to change the way how you hold your phone
    11-08-2017 07:19 AM
    Reset your FaceID and try again. Do it while seated and keep your face as far from the device as setting up allows. You will find it works better under a wide range of scenarios. Do be advised that unchecking "Require Attention for FaceID" essentially turns off the requirement of verifying your retinas which mean the phone will unlock if your eyes are closed! This was added for convenience at the expense of security. If you're OK with this then it may be better for you.
    sekelani likes this.
    11-08-2017 07:50 AM
    Someone posted a video yesterday, expressing when setting up Face ID, to set it from a more day to day user angle.
    So, versus having the device 'in your face' to set up Face ID, have it more of a natural height that you'd normally be holding your device.

Possibly try setting Face ID that way...

EDIT: Here's the link...
    How to get Face ID to unlock your iPhone X while it’s sitting flat on a desk – BGR
    Just_Me_D and shutter like this.
    11-08-2017 07:51 AM