Face ID not working when lying in bed

sekelani

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I’ve noticed when my head is tilted diagonal and it’s dark it doesn’t work most of the time.
Does anyone have this issue?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Having a hard time with what is tilted but you mean like on a pillow? My guess is part of your face is obscured by the pillow and faceID isn't getting enough of a match. If you turn your head away from the pillow and look at the camera, does it work?

sekelani

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Having a hard time with what is tilted but you mean like on a pillow? My guess is part of your face is obscured by the pillow and faceID isn't getting enough of a match. If you turn your head away from the pillow and look at the camera, does it work?

Yeah it does work at times. You could be right. Thank you for the help

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Go into settings and toggle off “require attention for Face ID” and see if that helps. It will make it a bit less secure, but it may help.

Also pay attention to how you hold the phone, your face may not be in the cameras field if view. The only time I’ve had an issue is because the Face ID camera is tilted towards the ceiling and not towards my face.

8328c787052a98bef400903f186bf221.jpg

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I’ve noticed when my head is tilted diagonal and it’s dark it doesn’t work most of the time.
Does anyone have this issue?

“Head is tilted” - if that is “tilted alongside pillow” pretty sure that will fail as it would think you are not looking directly and that it may not be able to check if you are looking as well. So if you make it less secure as another poster suggested, it could work, otherwise you need to change the way how you hold your phone ;)

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Reset your FaceID and try again. Do it while seated and keep your face as far from the device as setting up allows. You will find it works better under a wide range of scenarios. Do be advised that unchecking "Require Attention for FaceID" essentially turns off the requirement of verifying your retinas which mean the phone will unlock if your eyes are closed! This was added for convenience at the expense of security. If you're OK with this then it may be better for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73