IPhone X Best Display Available

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It appears DisplayMate have claimed IPhone X as best display available from their test.

iPhone X OLED Display Technology Shoot-Out

I’m really impressed what Apple have done to the OLED screen of the X. Although I love everything about the screen but the True Tone is way too yellow. I left it off for now. Hopefully Apple will let us adjust the intensity in the future. Nightshift will do just fine for now when at night.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I have both true tone and night shift turned on and I'm absolutely fine with the warm tint, coupled with the X's excellent OLED!

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
True tone appears yellow-ish because your ambient lighting is low or has a lower color temperature. You will find that if you hold a sheet of bright white paper next to your phone while true tone is on the paper will match or be very close to the display when showing an all white background. Turning off true tone keeps the white point at a static value that has a much higher color temperature so it shifts way bluer and will appear too warm when viewed under daylight / cloudy conditions, etc.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have had my X since last Friday and I love the display. Very sharp, crisp and the color is right on. Coming from a iPhone 8 and 8+ i feel this was definitely a great upgrade.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have had my X since last Friday and I love the display. Very sharp, crisp and the color is right on. Coming from a iPhone 8 and 8+ i feel this was definitely a great upgrade.

It is and especially over the 8 which I believe is just 326 PPI if I recall. But OLED is a big upgrade over the LCD of the 8 plus as well.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
2K OLED on a future iPhone would be

It's actually pretty close already. The X's resolution is 2436-by-1125. The DCI defines 2k as a 2048 wide and it doesn't specify a vertical resolution (but at least 1080). So in landscape you could say that the X is 2K.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It's actually pretty close already. The X's resolution is 2436-by-1125. The DCI defines 2k as a 2048 wide and it doesn't specify a vertical resolution (but at least 1080). So in landscape you could say that the X is 2K.

Ohhh!
Interesting. Thank you!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
My note 8 has a much nicer screen very noticeable IMO.

Great! But I’ll pass on Samsung devices any day and also prefer screens that are more natural when it comes to calibration. I’m too invested in Apple products to even consider buying Samsung.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Great! But I’ll pass on Samsung devices any day and also prefer screens that are more natural when it comes to calibration. I’m too invested in Apple products to even consider buying Samsung.
I am all Apple except for the note 8 as my daily driver still have the X don't know weather I will keep or sell. The note is so easy to navigate much better than the X plus Google apps for IOS work great. Got a decision to make over the next few days.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I am all Apple except for the note 8 as my daily driver still have the X don't know weather I will keep or sell. The note is so easy to navigate much better than the X plus Google apps for IOS work great. Got a decision to make over the next few days.

good thing is that you can't go wrong with either devices. Hopefully you will decide on a device that meets your needs.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2