Hello everyone,

So I am having a hard time deciding on if I should get the iPhone X or an Apple Watch series 3. I have a perfectly fine iPhone 7 Plus and I was content with having it another year. But the iPhone hype has gotten to me somewhat. Also, my mom needs a new phone, since her iPhone 5 is on its last legs. She offered me 300 bucks for my 7 Plus, if I decide to buy the X.

I wasn’t gonna charge her anything but she insisted ha. In addition to that, some extra funds have come my way. So the cost of the iPhone X 256 would be reduced to about $575 . On the flip side, the Apple Watch series 3 seems very appealing since I have a series 1. Making calls without being connected to my iPhone is something I need in my life ha.

But it’s a tough decision. My local Apple store has been getting 256 iPhone X shipments every day since launch. One concern I had with the iPhone X is it’s durablity. Other iPhones have been happily tk take a decent amount of damage when it comes to drops. But with this iPhone, I feel that a case is absolutely necessary as well as apple care. Those things will definitely bump the price back up.

So what would be you alls advice if you were me? Series 3 watch or iPhone X?
    11-07-2017 01:07 PM
    I recently upgraded my Series 0 Apple Watch to the series 3 and my 7 Plus to the X. I say get both.

Sounds like you only plan to make one purchase so if you are content with the 7 Plus, look for an iPhone SE on swappa for you mom. The Apple Watch 3 is a nice noticeable upgrade
    11-07-2017 01:14 PM
    I still have my series 0 watch and iPhone 7 Plus. I have no desire for the 8 or X since neither will work with Tmobile's 600 MHz band, and my watch is still doing what I need it to do. However, if I were going to upgrade one of them, I'd go with the Apple Watch 3 with cellular and GPS so I could log my walks and bike rides and listen to music and leave my phone in the car.

But that's just me.
    11-07-2017 01:22 PM
    I upgraded to the S3 Watch. I want to be able to go on walks and do things leaving phone at home. I am recouping from serious surgery right now so am on strict limits. But it will be great when I can.
    11-07-2017 01:29 PM
    I got both of them and don’t regret it at all
    11-07-2017 02:55 PM
    I upgraded to the S3 and the X this year.
    Personally, I find the X to be more of an upgrade.
    11-07-2017 06:58 PM
    The the X on DPP and use the $300 from your mom to get the AWS3.
    11-07-2017 06:59 PM
    Hello everyone,

So I am having a hard time deciding on if I should get the iPhone X or an Apple Watch series 3. I have a perfectly fine iPhone 7 Plus and I was content with having it another year. But the iPhone hype has gotten to me somewhat. Also, my mom needs a new phone, since her iPhone 5 is on its last legs. She offered me 300 bucks for my 7 Plus, if I decide to buy the X.

I wasn’t gonna charge her anything but she insisted ha. In addition to that, some extra funds have come my way. So the cost of the iPhone X 256 would be reduced to about $575 . On the flip side, the Apple Watch series 3 seems very appealing since I have a series 1. Making calls without being connected to my iPhone is something I need in my life ha.

But it’s a tough decision. My local Apple store has been getting 256 iPhone X shipments every day since launch. One concern I had with the iPhone X is it’s durablity. Other iPhones have been happily tk take a decent amount of damage when it comes to drops. But with this iPhone, I feel that a case is absolutely necessary as well as apple care. Those things will definitely bump the price back up.

So what would be you alls advice if you were me? Series 3 watch or iPhone X?
    I have both the Series 3 Watch and the iPhone X. If I had to choose between the two, I’d choose the iPhone X, especially if you already own a earlier model Watch. With that in mind, if you don’t have an Watch, it may be best that you get the Series 3 instead of the iPhone X, being that you currently own an iPhone 7. Still, if your mom wants it to the point of wanting to pay for it, then you gotta give it to your mom and then up grade to the newer iPhone, in my opinion.
    11-07-2017 07:54 PM
    I have both, but if I were only able to have one I'd stick with the iPhone X. I really like my Series 3, but notice more of a difference between my 8 and X.
    11-07-2017 10:10 PM
    I agree with those who, forced to choose, would choose to keep the iPhone X. The series 3, which is a great step up in speed and function, is not worth an X!
    11-07-2017 10:35 PM